4/23 White Sox at Orioles, the rubber game

BedardisAce

That's just stupid. Not on Eaton's best day and what was Maddux's worst. They're not comparable at all. At all. Maddux is one of the greatest of all time.

Edit: atta boy, Felix. He took a good, direct route to that ball!

Walter Johnson would have been proud of this performance.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yeah? You too?

Yea. When they got up 1-0, they wouldn't shut up. When we got up 3-1, my drunken buddy went down to their section (next one over) and tried to high five them while saying over and over "Orioles Magic". They just kept pushing him away, and he was like "Feel it happen?". It was hilarious but I thought for sure one of them was going to throw a punch.

That's just stupid. Not on Eaton's best day and what was Maddux's worst. They're not comparable at all. At all. Maddux is one of the greatest of all time.

Edit: atta boy, Felix. He took a good, direct route to that ball!

Are you seriously saying you couldn't compare Eaton from TODAY to Maddux? Even on his "worst" day. I don't like Harrelson- and you must be a big Maddux fan- but I think for what he is doing TODAY, you can definitely make that comparison.

He has killed the Sox lineup with control and changing speeds. He has not given them anything. Very Maddux like IMO.

I will appreciate any comparisons like that- because quite honestly- on any other days a more likely comparison would be just about any soft throwing back end starter.

Are you seriously saying you couldn't compare Eaton from TODAY to Maddux? Even on his "worst" day. I don't like Harrelson- and you must be a big Maddux fan- but I think for what he is doing TODAY, you can definitely make that comparison.

He has killed the Sox lineup with control and changing speeds. He has not given them anything. Very Maddux like IMO.

I will appreciate any comparisons like that- because quite honestly- on any other days a more likely comparison would be just about any soft throwing back end starter.

True, true. Today, yes, you can say Eaton has resembled Maddux. That's fair, I suppose. Nonetheless, I stand by my earlier statement that Maddux is one of the greatest of all time and, by and large, it's hard to compare many pitchers to him.

I never asked, how was your opening day man? Mine was awesome, almost got into a brawl with Yankee idiots who couldn't take what they dished out.

Oh dude, it was great.

Turns out there were four tickets waiting for us at will call, so we gave them to Marcus Smith, who was a guest of Adam Jones for the game. We watched the game with him & Justin Harper and a couple buddies of theirs.

We had a great time, dude. That was a great day, I'm glad I was there for the Teixeira boos in person. I'll never forget that.

Archived