May 3rd - Jays (O's win on Sunday)

8istheman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood the anti-homerism in announcers. I always believed you should be a homer because you are doing the broadcast for the team. I love the White Sox announcers, I hate the White Sox, but I like when we play them just so I can listen to that broadcast over ours. They should get excited like us when the Orioles hit a walkoff. They shouldn't hide emotion, or not root for any teams. Instead of trying to stay monotone during a walkoff grand slam, they should be excited and call it with exclamation. I like our announcers, they are somewhat homers. The White Sox announcers are happy and mad with the team they cover. It shouldn't bother anyone, don't listen to them. I like the passion they show with their job and wish other announcers were the same. Everybody says they are homers, as soon as I hear that I look at that as a good thing, not bad. The "He gone" "You can put it on the board...YES!" and "3-2 Good guys" are great. They yell "Stay fair!" when one is hit down the line, it is hilarious. Hawkisms are fantastic. It is like Bill Raftery quotes. I don't like when we play them and the good guys are leading, but it doesn't make me mad. I like watching them anytime.

Again another out on the basepaths because Trembley deems it necessary to do a hit and run.

I'm done watching this team until Reimold, Wieters AND a prospect pitcher like Tillman, Berken or Patton is called up. There is just no reason to watch this team right now. They are absolutely pathetic.

I never understood the anti-homerism in announcers. I always believed you should be a homer because you are doing the broadcast for the team. I love the White Sox announcers, I hate the White Sox, but I like when we play them just so I can listen to them occasionally on WGN. They should get excited like us when the Orioles hit a walkoff. They shouldn't hide emotion, or not root for any teams. Instead of trying to stay monotone during a walkoff grand slam, they should be excited and call it with exclamation. I like our announcers, they are somewhat homers. The White Sox announcers are happy and mad with the team they cover. It shouldn't bother anyone, don't listen to them. I like the passion they show with their job and wish other announcers were the same. Everybody says they are homers, as soon as I hear that I look at that as a good thing, not bad. The "He gone" "You can put it on the board...YES!" and "3-2 Good guys" are great. I don't like when we play them and the good guys are leading, but it doesn't make me mad. I like watching them anytime.

I'm not sure where this came from exactly, but this is a complete taste issue. I think the Sox guys, especially Harrelson, are the worst in baseball, and I don't think it's particularly close.

You can do your job professionally, convey emotion, be informative, give insights, and not sound like you're a fan broadcasting the game from his sofa. I actually think that Gary Thorne does a solid job of this. The Orioles' radio guys do it as well. Dave Niehaus in Seattle is one of the best around at that as well.

Hawk Harrelson is just nerve-grating. So are his catch phrases. You shouldn't need catch phrases to broadcast a baseball game.

We really could open a clinic on how to give away outs on the basepaths. Thats a new one Mora, good job. Teams must just be licking their chops to play us.

On an unrelated note, I'll go ahead an echo all of the Skydome bashing thats been going on this weekend. They can't even get some of the lights to turn on today? And the Jays announcers say its a great day outside, so what do you have the roof for then? Does the mechanism not work anymore to get it open? And they keep showing shots of the Jays bullpen. It looks like the guys have to sit in just metal chairs behind the mounds. Yeah that looks really comfortable, not to mention having to watch for bad throws out of the corner of your eye every 10 seconds, what a joke.

I never understood the anti-homerism in announcers. I always believed you should be a homer because you are doing the broadcast for the team. I love the White Sox announcers, I hate the White Sox, but I like when we play them just so I can listen to that broadcast over ours. They should get excited like us when the Orioles hit a walkoff. They shouldn't hide emotion, or not root for any teams. Instead of trying to stay monotone during a walkoff grand slam, they should be excited and call it with exclamation. I like our announcers, they are somewhat homers. The White Sox announcers are happy and mad with the team they cover. It shouldn't bother anyone, don't listen to them. I like the passion they show with their job and wish other announcers were the same. Everybody says they are homers, as soon as I hear that I look at that as a good thing, not bad. The "He gone" "You can put it on the board...YES!" and "3-2 Good guys" are great. They yell "Stay fair!" when one is hit down the line, it is hilarious. Hawkisms are fantastic. It is like Bill Raftery quotes. I don't like when we play them and the good guys are leading, but it doesn't make me mad. I like watching them anytime.

For the home team sure.. but I, for one, CAN NOT STAND it when I have to listen to the White Sox broadcasters for our games. Like it or not (I don't)- they are BY FAR the biggest homers out there.

Again another out on the basepaths because Trembley deems it necessary to do a hit and run.

I'm done watching this team until Reimold, Wieters AND a prospect pitcher like Tillman, Berken or Patton is called up. There is just no reason to watch this team right now. They are absolutely pathetic.

Are you seriously blaming Trembley there?? LOL... Jeez.

Archived