COllege Conference Tourneys

Okay, dump anything interesting from the conference tourneys here, I'm watching every game in the ACC and MWC tournament, so I can cover those two no sweat.

Here's the ACC schedule for those interested (I assume I'm probably the only one interested in MWC -- just haven't really seen those teams this year so have some names to check off my list):

Wednesday, May 20

Game 1: Miami vs. Georgia Tech

12:00 PM

Durham, N.C. (ACC Baseball Championship)

Game 2: Boston College vs. Florida State

4:00 PM

Game 3: Duke vs. North Carolina

8:00 PM

Thursday, May 21

Game 4: Georgia Tech vs. Boston College

Game 5: Florida State vs. Miami

Game 6: Virginia vs. Clemson

Friday, May 22

Game 7: Miami vs. Boston College

Game 8: Clemson vs. Duke

Game 9: North Carolina vs. Virginia

Saturday, May 23

Game 10: Georgia Tech vs. Florida State

Game 11: North Carolina vs. Clemson

Game 12: Virginia vs. Duke

Sunday, May 24

Championship Game

1:00 PM

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, dump anything interesting from the conference tourneys here, I'm watching every game in the ACC and MWC tournament, so I can cover those two no sweat.

Here's the ACC schedule for those interested (I assume I'm probably the only one interested in MWC -- just haven't really seen those teams this year so have some names to check off my list):

Wednesday, May 20

Game 1: Miami vs. Georgia Tech

Game 2: Boston College vs. Florida State

Game 3: Duke vs. North Carolina

Thursday, May 21

Game 4: Georgia Tech vs. Boston College

Game 5: Florida State vs. Miami

Game 6: Virginia vs. Clemson

Friday, May 22

Game 7: Miami vs. Boston College

Game 8: Clemson vs. Duke

Game 9: North Carolina vs. Virginia

Saturday, May 23

Game 10: Georgia Tech vs. Florida State

Game 11: North Carolina vs. Clemson

Game 12: Virginia vs. Duke

Sunday, May 24

Championship Game

1:00 PM

Last chance for some of these guys to step up and boost their draft stock. I wonder if Alex White will beast it again this year....

You will have to ignore my ignorance, but I never really followed college ball much and this year still didnt, just kept up with some players stats, but is there another confrence besides ACC and MWC?

Last chance for some of these guys to step up and boost their draft stock. I wonder if Alex White will beast it again this year....

You will have to ignore my ignorance, but I never really followed college ball much and this year still didnt, just kept up with some players stats, but is there another confrence besides ACC and MWC?

Pac 10 doesn't have a tournament, yet. All the other conferences have tourneys or just a championship series.

I would like to get one last look at White, Green, and Gibson for the 5th pick

Green is on the road this weekend for USCs last series (I think at Cal Berkley). Not televised, so far as I know.

White should pitch on Friday against UVA. Gibson, I'd guess is throwing Friday against Texas Tech or today against A&M.

Where is Ryan Jackson projected to go now. Last hit made me a believer that with added strength and pitch recognition he might be able to hit enough. I know his defense will stick.

Well, if you read other sources like Baseball AMerica or Perfect Game, they have him in the top 3 rounds. I have him a little lower -- 4-6 range. I agree his defense is plenty good to stick, but I'm just not sold on the bat for a top 100 guy. I was a bigger believer in Crawford's bat last year (even with a down year) and waited until the 4th to take him in our Shadow Draft (San Francisco took him in the 4th in the actual draft, as well).

I'm going to OD on these games this weekend. First time I haven't been since 2002, so I'm sure FSU will win. :D

Good lookin out Stotle, I had forgotten to set my Tivo.

Think FSU can pull out a national seed? I think UNCs pitching will be hard to top, but a good showing by the Noles could get them a host spot in regionals, no? Clemson has been playing well...

Think FSU can pull out a national seed? I think UNCs pitching will be hard to top, but a good showing by the Noles could get them a host spot in regionals, no? Clemson has been playing well...

I think they'll have to win the tourney and hope a few things break right for them. FSU and UNC are both big underperformers every year in this, so I'd look for the winner of today's early game to make some noise.

I think they'll have to win the tourney and hope a few things break right for them. FSU and UNC are both big underperformers every year in this, so I'd look for the winner of today's early game to make some noise.

You want to take bets that FSU and UVA will be in the finals next year?

You want to take bets that FSU and UVA will be in the finals next year?

Best two teams in the league? No way. In the finals, sure. The tournament is so unpredictable.

Edit: What do you think about Derek Dietrich?

Best two teams in the league? No way. In the finals, sure. The tournament is so unpredictable.

Edit: What do you think about Derek Dietrich?

I was looking at the pitching, primarily.

I think Dietrich, from a draft standpoint, could be an early selection. Decent bat and solid defense at SS. Obviously, I'd like him to cut down on the strikeouts a little. I'll pay closer attention in the tourney and let you know -- I've actually only seen him once this year.

Archived