COllege Conference Tourneys

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW White is done after 2.1 IP -- dominant in first two innings and a mixture of bad luck and spotty command in the zone does him in in the third.

2.1 IP

6 H

2 BB

4 SO

5 ER

30 of 46 pitches for strikes

Leaves with bases loaded.

Fastball 92-96

Splitter 85-89

Slider 82-85

Rough inning. Poor play by Gore in RF and soft seeing eye groundball basehit. Cannon smoked a double off the wall. Metal bat blooper to CF and to RF. Some bad luck but also good hitting by UVA (one of the better contact teams in the ACC).

Getting pinched a little on the low strike. Stuff looked very solid -- slider not at its best but flashed plus diving out of the zone on two straight pitches to Hicks (swinging strikes). Not spotting his fastball in the zone, even in the mid-90s it's going to get hit against a team like UVA. Really odd outing -- White looked like he had good stuff but it was not to be tonight...

I'm tivoing it. Looking forward to his implosion.

I wonder if we'll see him again if they make it to Sunday.

Could. He only threw 45 pitches or so. Man he looked filthy in the first two innings. UVA is going to be filthy next year (and the year after, probably).

Could. He only threw 45 pitches or so. Man he looked filthy in the first two innings. UVA is going to be filthy next year (and the year after, probably).

Especially with Whit Mayberry on the squad next year. I love that guy!

Where does Louis Coleman project? He moved from the bullpen to the rotation for his senior year and had a lot of success. He was LSU's best starter. His throwing motion is a little weird. He was drafted in the 14th last year, but I am guessing moving to the rotation and pitching extremely well has to help his stock.

In his game against South Carolina in the SEC tourny, his line was 8 in 7h 1er 0bb 6k.

Archived