BA's 2009 Mock Draft (v3.0)

http://baseballanalysts.com/archives/2009/06/interview_with.php

Zack Wheeler interview. Sounds very confident throwing any one of his pitches- doesn't mind throwing a 3-2 curveball.

Thanks for the link. It's looking more and more like Matzek may not be around at 1:5. Wheeler seems to have a good head on his shoulders and we won't have any signability issues with him.

The O's have had significant conversations with : Wheeler, Turner, White, and Hobgood. White and Wheeler have visited Baltimore.

Thanks. Always interesting to see which players actually visit the warehouse prior to the draft. I realize some players are unable to visit (due to playoffs or other circumstances) but I would say the Orioles are deciding between Matzek, Wheeler and White for their pick.

Please let him drop to us, please let him drop to us... :pray::pray::pray:

You have to wonder if Ackley could, especially with the Padres and the Pirates between us and the Mariners.

After seeing Wieters fall to us 2 years ago, anything is possible.

When the season start, I thought we'd have difficulty passing on White if available.

Not an easy pick for Joe Jordan, here, as there are many names apparently worthy of the five, but not separating from the pack for the five.

Yeah, I'm just not a big enough fan of White to be excited taking him with some of the other guys out there. Matzek, Wheeler, Miller, Scheppers and Crow even with their concerns are all better pitchers for me personally.

This reflects my current opinion based on what I read. My preference is Crow, Matzek, Wheeler.

Archived