O's Getting Serious About Sano?

Lucky Jim

Rob, have you ever negotiated with the O's before?

Are they making a serious commitment down there?

I have never negotiated with the O's. They were just an afterthought to me.

I don't know how serious they are in the Domincan.

I think they are very serious about Sano.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know you said you can't comment on specific teams but maybe you can answer this one in some sort of fashion. You were quoted as saying it comes down to money. The signing date is July 2. I read a report in the Sun that mentioned some teams including the Yankees and went on to say that the Pirates and Twins were currently favorites to sign Sano. If it comes down to money, how would any team be a favorite right now?

I have never mentioned a favorite. These are people who really don't know what is happening just speculating. It will come down to money.

I have never negotiated with the O's. They were just an afterthought to me.

I don't know how serious they are in the Domincan.

I think they are very serious about Sano.

If you are his agent, and knowing that Angelos is known for hating to see that information is getting out about his plans with the team, are you worried about him getting wind of your posting on this board and backing out as a potential suitor for Sano?

Ok. Next question if you don't mind. Do they have high school baseball in the Dominican. I mean, what team has Sano been playing with and how did he get "discovered"?

They don't have high school baseball in the Dominican, but they do have an RBI program, but most of the top players do not play in that program. Individual coaches have programs that they fund and find players at 12-13 and take them in and do everything for them. Some programs are better than others b/c of the amount of money that they have. The coach who has Sano is named Moreno and was also Robinson Cano's coach. The coaches down there run it like a business and take a certain percentage of the player's bonus when he signs.

The coaches find the players from leagues that are kind of like private little leagues except for the fact that the parennts have to pay the leagues for the kid's to play.

The coaches take their group of players and have games against other coaches. So these kids do play in games.

They practice 6-7 days a week and get one on one instruction. They may take around 150 swings a day of BP and then hit soft toss as well. Some coaches have tunnels which allow even more swings.

If you are his agent, and knowing that Angelos is known for hating to see that information is getting out about his plans with the team, are you worried about him getting wind of your posting on this board and backing out as a potential suitor for Sano?

He's not posting any inside info...We know the Orioles are going after him.

All he is doing is talking about Sano, the player and the type of person he is.

Just providing info, nothing more, nothing less.

I never said anything about the Orioles plans for Sano.

He's not posting any inside info...We know the Orioles are going after him.

All he is doing is talking about Sano, the player and the type of person he is.

Just providing info, nothing more, nothing less.

He hasn't said anything about the O's here that isn't common knowlege and been reported in the papers.

I understand what he is saying, but I also understand that this is the type of information, or discussion, that may upset Angelos. It may seem harmless to us, but we are not the ones making the decision to negotiate with this guy.

I understand what he is saying, but I also understand that this is the type of information, or discussion, that may upset Angelos. It may seem harmless to us, but we are not the ones making the decision to negotiate with this guy.

I would never talk about money or the teams involved - I even mentioned that in an earlier post. If you guys think this may harm things I don't have to be posting.

I just wonder if this is professional.:confused:

Is it professional to talk about his client in a public forum? Why wouldn't it be?

He's not disclosing any information that confidential, nor is he discussing any negotiations.

If it is him, I don't see anything that he's done that's all that problematic.

Archived