Dominos beginning to fall in trade market

bluedog

IMHO, the 'dominoes' falling is a load of horse hockey. I don't believe the Dodger's interest in Sherrill is affected by any of the other trades going on. My prediction is nothing gets done, but I'm still hoping AM has something good up the old proverbial sleeve.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BrettMeister86

Sherrill is now THE hot commodity on the trading block...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9866498/MLB-trade-deadline-buzz:-Wednesday%27s-edition

The Dodgers would have to overpay for me to be happy because Elbert has questions and DeWitt does NOT solve our 3B problem. However, if the Dodgers make a deal I'd bet money the Orioles want Dave Johnson's kid as the 3rd player included. For me to be happy over the Phillies and Taylor I'd want Elbert, Bell, and Johnson. Now that Lee is off the market, and just made one of their competitors a lot better, they might just do that. Interesting to hear the Angels but Wood HAS to come in any deal with them. I still like Taylor the best and would hope that the Phillies want to make a HUGE splash and improve their pen and their rotation before the deadline.

IMHO, the 'dominoes' falling is a load of horse hockey. I don't believe the Dodger's interest in Sherrill is affected by any of the other trades going on. My prediction is nothing gets done, but I'm still hoping AM has something good up the old proverbial sleeve.

You don't think the Lee trade had any affect on what the Dodgers and Phillies are potentially willing to do for Sherrill? A lot of major league analysts would disagree.

Sherrill is now THE hot commodity on the trading block...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9866498/MLB-trade-deadline-buzz:-Wednesday%27s-edition

The Dodgers would have to overpay for me to be happy because Elbert has questions and DeWitt does NOT solve our 3B problem. However, if the Dodgers make a deal I'd bet money the Orioles want Dave Johnson's kid as the 3rd player included. For me to be happy over the Phillies and Taylor I'd want Elbert, Bell, and Johnson. Now that Lee is off the market, and just made one of their competitors a lot better, they might just do that. Interesting to hear the Angels but Wood HAS to come in any deal with them. I still like Taylor the best and would hope that the Phillies want to make a HUGE splash and improve their pen and their rotation before the deadline.

Since the Phillies would use Sherrill as the closer I think they'd be the most likely to overpay.

A CI prospect would be great... but getting back the best possible package, regardless of position, should be the goal.

I totally disagree with this. Basically you're saying trade Sherrill for whatever we can get. That's nuts! Sherrill is the ONE and ONLY individual piece we have that has any chance of getting us a ML-ready 1B or 3B for the future right now.

I totally disagree with this. Basically you're saying trade Sherrill for whatever we can get. That's nuts! Sherrill is the ONE and ONLY individual piece we have that has any chance of getting us a ML-ready 1B or 3B for the future right now.

Sure ... But Sg said he'd be happy with a number of the players being mentioned here .... Bell & others, Wood & other , or Taylor. Perhaps you havent read all of his post lately.

That's not what he's saying. He's saying if you get multiple offers and some include corner infielders but are not the best offer available that you take the offer with the best talent over an inferior one that fills positional needs.

Clearly this is the correct approach - even if you add players at a position we don't need (catcher, outfielder, starting pitcher) you can still turn around and trade them or the players blocking them to another team to get the players you do need.

I really don't understand all the people that think smart posters like SG are proponents of trading quality players like Sherrill for whatever we can get. Where has anyone ever said that they support that strategy?

He's not saying that. He clearly isn't in favor of trading Sherrill (or any other quality player) for an inferior return. So stop suggesting that, your wasting pixels.

I am saying to get the best package of players you can get.

If the Phils called us and offered us OFer Dominic Brown for Sherrill, i would make the deal in a second.

If some team offered us a top pitching prospect, I make that deal in a second.

If the Giants offered C Buster Posey, I would make that deal in a second.

Its not very difficult...You target your areas of need but if someone swoops in and offers you top talent at other positions, you make the move.

I am saying to get the best package of players you can get.

If the Phils called us and offered us OFer Dominic Brown for Sherrill, i would make the deal in a second.

If some team offered us a top pitching prospect, I make that deal in a second.

If the Giants offered C Buster Posey, I would make that deal in a second.

Its not very difficult...You target your areas of need but if someone swoops in and offers you top talent at other positions, you make the move.

No one is making those offers for Sherrill. I think what people are saying they wouldn't be happy with this years version of Cedeno, Gallegher, Murton, etc. and you probably would, given your track record.

No one is making those offers for Sherrill. I think what people are saying they wouldn't be happy with this years version of Cedeno, Gallegher, Murton, etc. and you probably would, given your track record.

What a moronic thing to say....I have already said I would turn down, for example, a deal of Dewitt and Elbert but don't let that stop you from looking foolish.

What a moronic thing to say....I have already said I would turn down, for example, a deal of Dewitt and Elbert but don't let that stop you from looking foolish.

Shocking. El Gordo attacks you for something you didn't say, never suggested and wouldn't even consider.

Archived