3- KC : 45-69

4- SEA (failure to sign Ackley)

5- Pitt : 46-68

6- SD (failure to sign Tate)

7- O'S : 47-67

8- SD : 49-67

9- Clev : 49-65

10-SF (failure to sign Wheeler)

This is the possible top ten for next years draft (with todays records and the current undrafted picks as of today)

The standings are bound to change, and I am pretty certain that some of these players will sign

Here we can talk about how the top ten might go down next year, and other possibilities.

1- WAS: 40-75

2- WAS (failure to sign Strasburg)

This is the possible top ten for next years draft (with todays records and the current undrafted picks as of today)

The standings are bound to change, and I am pretty certain that some of these players will sign

Here we can talk about how the top ten might go down next year, and other possibilities.

Can we wait till Tuesday for a clearer picture?

With all of the unsigned picks from this year(potentially) adding extra first round picks next year, and the potential compensation picks, the O's extra second round pick next year might be a third round talent.

How does all the extra picks affect the 'slot' system?

With all of the unsigned picks from this year(potentially) adding extra first round picks next year, and the potential compensation picks, the O's extra second round pick next year might be a third round talent.

It is normal leading up until the final signing deadline day that there are unsigned picks who will sign at the last minute. Last year heading to the deadline on the 15th, there were something like 8 unsigned of the top 10, then all but the 9th pick signed last minute. This year there were a few signable guys who signed early, but I expect Ackley and Tate to sign. The only one I believe may not sign is Strasburg.

And next draft will be no different than this one, a few comp picks from unsigned 1st and 2nd rounders, but not so many that make it turn into a basically 3rd rounder. And aside from that, even into the 4th and 5th rounds there are 1st round talents widely available, you just hafta pay the price. So the quality will be there, its up to JJ to worry about his budget and spend wisely. Next year may be good for us at the top depending where we land and our 1st rounder may cut into our overslot kids. Us taking Hobgood and saving money there this season is the sole reason we got so much quality later in the draft.....

Keep in mind though that a number of those unsigned picks will go back into next year's draft too, thus making it a deeper pool of talent than it otherwise would have been.

Wow, SD musta read my last post here :)

Tate is going to sign for $6.5 Mill! IMO hes not worth Wieters type money, but hey maybe they believe they can get him to reach his ceiling, which some have said rivals a position player's version of Strasburg's ceiling.

Keep in mind though that a number of those unsigned picks will go back into next year's draft too' date=' thus making it a deeper pool of talent than it otherwise would have been.[/quote']

Most of the kids who go unsigned are the ones who are in HS and are committed to another school and then will not be in nexst season's draft. The only one I can think of who would be back would be Strasburg. Ackley is probably gonna sign as will most other of the college kids. The college players whose stock is very high would be foolish to go back to college.

1- WAS: 40-75

2- WAS (failure to sign Strasburg)

Well, Strasburg signed. What about Ackley and Tate? I don't know a good place to look.

edit: google is my friend

Ackley

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/sports/dustin-ackley-mariners-agree-to-deal_100234093.html

Tate

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090817&content_id=6474690&vkey=pr_sd&fext=.jsp&c_id=sd

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

They did a great job following the signings of draft picks and the trade deadline. Just thought I's pass it along.

So it appears that, without a winning streak, we will end up with whatever pick we end up with and only 1 second round pick.

Its not a bad thign at all. Bryce Harper at the top of this draft allows the better kids to drop a notch down. It would be nice to get the other Bryce though....

Has there been anything official that he will be eligible next year?

Yeahm, he has enrolled in JuCo classes already and may be attending them already as well, but Im not sure. But all indications say yes he will be attending JuCo this year and will be eligible in the 2010 draft....

Archived