8/28 Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They said it hit off the bars on the fence. SO he probably missed Eutaw Street by about 3 or 4 feet. Who knew such a small looking dude could hit it that far.

Well, all along he's been touted as a 5 tool player, so we knew he had to have some power.

I wonder what his power ranks on the scout scale. As a matter of fact I wonder what all his stats rank on the scout scale.

Pie is like a new guy up there at the plate. It's unreal.

If this is all on the Crow, well dang... good job Crow!

It's the combination of the teacher and the student. It's proof-positive that folks who say Pie doesn't learn stuff just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

I'm gonna keep repeating myself: We need to treat this guy like he's starting in baseball right now, this year, a fresh start from nothing. It's the only sensible way to treat the guy...

It's the combination of the teacher and the student. It's proof-positive that folks who say Pie doesn't learn stuff just don't know what the hell they're talking about.

I'm gonna keep repeating myself: We need to treat this guy like he's starting in baseball right now, this year, a fresh start from nothing. It's the only sensible way to treat the guy...

Agree 100% rshack. He didn't really get much of a chance in Chicago and now that he's getting a chance here he's showing he wants to learn and he wants to play. He works hard and now he's got his chance and he's making the best of it.

Agree 100% rshack. He didn't really get much of a chance in Chicago and now that he's getting a chance here he's showing he wants to learn and he wants to play. He works hard and now he's got his chance and he's making the best of it.

Along with all of this and what rshack said, I love the little dance Pie does when he's called safe on a close play. :rofl:

So, according to the picture, everything except a curve has some rising action, and the 4-seamer, 2-seamer, splitter, and change all go to more-or-less the same place... that's what it shows, right? I don't know beans about pitching, but that seems kinda iffy to me...

I was going to pass up this old argument... A 4-seamer is what it is. Throw it as hard as you can, across as many seams as you can make it cross.

A 2-seamer is more along the seams. It will be almost as hard as the FB, but it will tail in any direction you make it, in, out, left, right, always down because of... physics... I can explain more technically but that's some boring crap.

The two-seamer is all about the slightest pressure you apply with whichever finger you happen to apply it. The slider is the same pitch, you just grip the ball at a different place, and a little different finish.

It's all about velocity, first and foremost, but after that, it's all about the spin you can impart to the ball. Movement.

Archived