8/28 Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

I was going to pass up this old argument... A 4-seamer is what it is. Throw it as hard as you can, across as many seams as you can make it cross.

A 2-seamer is more along the seams. It will be almost as hard as the FB, but it will tail in any direction you make it, in, out, left, right, always down because of... physics... I can explain more technically but that's some boring crap.

The two-seamer is all about the slightest pressure you apply with whichever finger you happen to apply it. The slider is the same pitch, you just grip the ball at a different place, and a little different finish.

It's all about velocity, first and foremost, but after that, it's all about the spin you can impart to the ball. Movement.

Oh and if you want to get into decades-long controversies, there's the question of whether a pitch is actually a slider if you don't break your wrist.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure Jones would be insulted, but it's possible I guess. I think he's young enough so as not to have a gigantic ego...

I think he's young enough that he still has testosterone poisoning... so, it would be a major calamity to him... from the AS team, he'd take it as being demoted from CF to a lesser position. Not saying we should or shouldn't do it because of that, just saying that I think the odds of it not being a huge ego blow to AJ are about nil...

Good thing it was Matt who got caught in that rundown... because it's him, nobody will mind much. It it was one of our, um, un-blond Latin players, some folks would have a major fit...

I think he's young enough that he still has testosterone poisoning... so, it would be a major calamity to him... from the AS team, he'd take it as being demoted from CF to a lesser position. Not saying we should or shouldn't do it because of that, just saying that I think the odds of it not being a huge ego blow to AJ are about nil...

Good thing it was Matt who got caught in that rundown... because it's him, nobody will mind much. It it was one of our, um, un-blond players, some folks would have a major fit...

What?

Double standards?

Say it ain't so!

Well, all along he's been touted as a 5 tool player, so we knew he had to have some power.

I wonder what his power ranks on the scout scale. As a matter of fact I wonder what all his stats rank on the scout scale.

These the numbers you're looking for?

Scouting Report

Power: 73

Speed: 81

Patience: 30

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/Players/P/Felix-Pie.shtml

Oh and if you want to get into decades-long controversies, there's the question of whether a pitch is actually a slider if you don't break your wrist.

Like I said, the amount of spin you can impart. Exactly how you do it is your own secret info.

Good thing it was Matt who got caught in that rundown... because it's him, nobody will mind much. It it was one of our, um, un-blond Latin players, some folks would have a major fit...

I think you wont hear much because we are winning by six late in the game. I think if we were behind by one run the roar on this board would be gigantic.

Archived