8/28 Indians @ Orioles

nevadaO

Pie should be our starting centerfielder next year and Adam Jones should play left.

Reimold DH, Luke Scott 1st base or shipped out if we sign or trade for a "big bat" whatever that is.

I would love that, but I doubt AJ would. I think he'd feel insulted and I don't think DT would do that.

Scott's looking really solid at 1B though. For someone who said he definitely couldn't do it to Scottie, he's certainly proving he can and can well. Has had some real nice scoops.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love that, but I doubt AJ would. I think he'd feel insulted and I don't think DT would do that.

Scott's looking really solid at 1B though. For someone who said he definitely couldn't do it to Scottie, he's certainly proving he can and can well. Has had some real nice scoops.

I'm not sure Jones would be insulted, but it's possible I guess. I think he's young enough so as not to have a gigantic ego... but then they'd have to scrap the whole 2110 Eutaw Street thing.

Jones needs to step up his defensive game next year. He's not close to Pie defensively.

Pie should be our starting centerfielder next year and Adam Jones should play left.

Reimold DH, Luke Scott 1st base or shipped out if we sign or trade for a "big bat" whatever that is.

Two weeks ago this would of been crazy.

Now? Who knows?

So, according to the picture, everything except a curve has some rising action, and the 4-seamer, 2-seamer, splitter, and change all go to more-or-less the same place... that's what it shows, right? I don't know beans about pitching, but that seems kinda iffy to me...

That chart doesn't say a whole lot, actually. It probably represents data from hundreds of different pitchers. (I don't know; I didn't post it). A given pitcher wouldn't have that much "spread" or variation in his individual pitches -- no way a professional pitcher would vary as much as eight inches in the horizontal break of his slider.

I would even go so far as to say that any pitcher who has a zero horizontal break on his slider would not be throwing the pitch very often if he wants to stay in MLB.

Also you have speed to differentiate the pitches as well.

But yes, to the extent that those areas overlap, you're talking about similar kinds of movement between, say, a splitter and a change. Of course, some pitchers use the splitter as a change...

Two weeks ago this would of been crazy.

Now? Who knows?

Nahhhhhhhhhhh, I don't think so.

Pie's got everything he needs physically to be a very good starting centerfielder. He's just got to refine his game and play within himself a bit. Again, that comes with playing a lot. He's not the most instinctual player in some aspects, but defensively he's money and he can hit, too.

Archived