how embarrasing!!

The Azman

Hey, you have no right to bring Starbucks into this! If I can't nurse my emotional wounds as an Orioles fan with a quad-grande espresso over ice, then I truly will have to fling myself into the Inner Harbor, and get vacuumed up by one of those trash boats.

But seriously, it's so maddening to watch the Yankees. They come in here looking so RELAXED. They come to the plate, they're smilin'. Just gadunkin' around town, folks, come in here to beat up the little kids again. You can almost see them trying to put on straight faces when playing the Orioles. They just expect to beat this team, and the O's know it.

When are the O's just going to start getting PO'd? When will their pride as men finally make them stand up and draw on every last ounce of their considerable - if inexperienced - talent and beat these jerks?

I like DT, but I actually do think an Earl Weaver in his prime would absolutely start ripping these players, whether it was "fair" or not - and that would perhaps bring out just a tad more emotion and focus in them for these games.

At least going out and getting tossed from a few of these lopsided games would send a message - "Hey, we're here, and we do care and we're going to keep coming at you like rabid dogs until the final out, you jerko Yankee scum!"

Very good observation. And it makes me want to throw up.

16-34 against the AL East.

Actually, they have been competitive vs. the East in all years except the Trembley years. Tell tale sign?

2004:37-39

2005: 36-37

2006: 31-44

2007: 34-38

2008: 22-50

2009: 16-34

The Orioles have 2 fewer losses then the Royals. Take a little time to look at their roster. How can so many on this board make so many excuses for how they are playing this year? Trembley, Crow, pack your bags and take Samuel and everyone else with you.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very good observation. And it makes me want to throw up.

16-34 against the AL East.

Actually, they have been competitive vs. the East in all years except the Trembley years. Tell tale sign?

2004:37-39

2005: 36-37

2006: 31-44

2007: 34-38

2008: 22-50

2009: 16-34

The Orioles have 2 fewer losses then the Royals. Take a little time to look at their roster. How can so many on this board make so many excuses for how they are playing this year? Trembley, Crow, pack your bags and take Samuel and everyone else with you.

Thats great when you completely ignore the fact that the Rays were worse than the Orioles in almost every year until 2008.

The Yankees have beaten us at least 10 times each year since 2001, with the exception of 2007 where we went 9-9, Trembley's first year.

Boston has beaten us 10 times a year since 2005.

The problems against the Yankees predate Trembley by a long long time.

How would the Royals look if they had to play the Yankees and Sox 18 times a year?

You know i hate to agree with you Boggidown, but I gotta agree. This year is just getting worse and worse.

An impartial friend of mine (a Phillies fan actually) just went to an O's game last week. He came back to tell me how he was basically mystified that us Orioles fans think that Adam Jones & Nick Markakis are going to lead us to the promised land in a few years. I somewhat doubted his comment, but he backed it by saying, "you know, when you look at a lineup, there's usually a guy you as an opposing team think, 'oh crap, we need to pitch around this guy', however, there's not one hitter on that team that can hit a HR on 'command' like a Ryan Howard or a Pujols, or an A-rod."

Now, I explained to him how great of an all-around player both Nick and Adam are, but if we continue to trade proven guys away such as Sherrill who can hold the bullpen together as he's doing in LA, will we every truly compete? Our bullpen is now a joke: No good lefties out of the pen (if you think Hendrickson is decent, than you're just crazy), and who do we have tha can get guys out consistently without giving up a HR or a few runs on a normal night? Jim Johnson has been a nightmare in the 9th innings either in save situations OR when being put in when behind because we never win anymore or have a chance to win anymore.

I think we've been demoralized by good teams, and until Peter Angelos is out of there, and we have an owner willing to drop the cash for the bats and the arms, we're never truly going to compete. I really hope I'm wrong, but I used to watch every single game all summer long and into the fall months, but now, hell, I'd rather watch Desperate Housewives re-runs than watch us be one run down in the 7th or 8th and then give up a 6 spot in the top of the inning...being an Orioles fan is truly starting to wear on my emotions.

The 2005 champ White Sox had Konerko and Dye as their most intimidating hitters. The 2003 Marlins' best hitters were Mike Lowell and Derek Lee. 2002 Angels had Troy Glaus and Garret Anderson. Markakis and Jones have the potential to stack up against any of those combos.

Archived