how embarrasing!!

The Azman

Mickolio and Johnson would be moot points in regards to the discussion of bad bullpen management of the 6th inning. Please re-read your and my post.

As for my last statement in my post, you still don't use 7 guys to pitch 3.2 innings, period. You definitely don't need to use 4 pitchers to get through 7 innings, when your starter goes 5.1 with only 86 pitches thrown.

you didn't see the game or the situations involved. at least read the play by play and find out what was going on.

Nevermind the fact that Hinske had just hit a homer off of Berken when he was coming up again in the sixth.

The sixth wasn't the issue.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Crow has done such a wonderful job right? Please.

Felix Pie, Adam Jones, Nick Markakis and Nolan Reimold seem to think he is doing a fine job so please yourself.

I hate it when anonymous internet posters claim crap like that. I would love to see JTrea go to a Q+A with any player or manager and say it to their faces and then see what response he gets.

you didn't see the game or the situations involved. at least read the play by play and find out what was going on.

Nevermind the fact that Hinske had just hit a homer off of Berken when he was coming up again in the sixth.

So he hit a HR? Remember when DT said he would leave starters longer? That was 2 years ago? What happened to that?

Every single game you could watch ,for any team, will have something positive.

I am sure you wouldnt accept your own business to fail like this franchise. In your business, do you make excuses like this? Or do you look to fix them?

First off, it's not a matter of running a business, it's running a baseball franchise. Not the same thing.

Second off, if you don't see things getting fixed, then I don't know what to tell you.

So he hit a HR? Remember when DT said he would leave starters longer? That was 2 years ago? What happened to that?

He HAS been leaving his starters in longer. Didn't Matusz the guy in his first year of PRO ball pitch seven innings the other night. Seeing as how we are talking about isolated individual starts.

The big picture friend. THe reason the starters haven't been going deep into games is because their ERA is very very very high.

Felix Pie, Adam Jones, Nick Markakis and Nolan Reimold seem to think he is doing a fine job so please yourself.

I hate it when anonymous internet posters claim crap like that. I would love to see JTrea go to a Q+A with any player or manager and say it to their faces and then see what response he gets.

I love you SJ but this is really silly. We post on this board, not talk directly to the players. They all have heart. But everything in life is relative.

Relative to real teams, our team has NO HEART. I would say that to anyone's face. Could they prove to me or anyone of us otherwise?

First off, it's not a matter of running a business, it's running a baseball franchise. Not the same thing.

Second off, if you don't see things getting fixed, then I don't know what to tell you.

Oh, I do see things moving forward and I am encouraged. But I really believe the leadership needs to change.

Dig yourself deeper into the hole of absurd statements (along with the Crowley)......4 of the 5 starters did not pitch for the O's two years ago.

Why was the 6th not an issue, because no runs were scored. There can be much more damage to a team even if no runs were scored. I have read the game track. You still don't use 7 bullpen arms to go 3.2 IP. The mis-usage of the 6th innings, leads to the problems that lie ahead. If Hendrickson goes longer, even say 0.2 IP, then Mickolio starts the new inning fresh, not having pitched and sat down. Everything, whether you like it or not, goes into how a bullpen pitcher pitches (how many times they have warmed up, how many pitches they throw, how long the half inning while sitting on the bench is, comfort back on the mound after the opposing pitcher has used the mound -- everything).

So, if Hinske just hit a homer off Berken in his previous at-bat, which in-turn causes the said manager to remove his starting pitcher from the game, then answer me this; do the Detroit Tigers not even put a pitcher on the mound and forfeit the game to the O's, just because Luke Scott is in the lineup? If the answer is "no", then there is one manager that does not manage like said manager, which goes back to disproving your first post that I responded to.

He HAS been leaving his starters in longer. Didn't Matusz the guy in his first year of PRO ball pitch seven innings the other night. Seeing as how we are talking about isolated individual starts.

The big picture friend. THe reason the starters haven't been going deep into games is because their ERA is very very very high.

He only lets them in when its so obvious he should. If there is ANY doubt he will pull them.

You need to let guys pitch their way out of things. I havent posted much lately and I havent said much about DT. But I really think he is the worst manager they have had in quite some time. Get someone in there who has played the game, someone who has some balls in decision making.

I love you SJ but this is really silly. We post on this board, not talk directly to the players. They all have heart. But everything in life is relative.

Relative to real teams, our team has NO HEART. I would say that to anyone's face. Could they prove to me or anyone of us otherwise?

how can they prove it to you? The fact that a majority of the losses over the last month have been by three runs or less? The fact that the infield went on a rather impressive errorless streak? The fact that a p[layer like Felix Pie who lost his job in the beginning of the year never got down worked his ass off and is now revitalized.

Of course Trembley and Crow get NO credit for Pie's turn-around.

How can they possibly prove that to you?

When it comes to deciding who should be the manager, who's judgment do you trust more: your own or AM's?

AM

I do trust he will make the right decisions and get rid of DT and all the coaching staff at the end of the year.

I have admitted many times on this board that I am not as smart as most of you regarding baseball, much less to think I am smarter then AM.

But I do know something about teamwork and leadership. And I think we just dont have it.

He only lets them in when its so obvious he should. If there is ANY doubt he will pull them.

You need to let guys pitch their way out of things. I havent posted much lately and I havent said much about DT. But I really think he is the worst manager they have had in quite some time. Get someone in there who has played the game, someone who has some balls in decision making.

SO the fact that most of our rookie pitchers have already pitched more innings then they have ever pitched in their professional careers means nothing?

how can they prove it to you? The fact that a majority of the losses over the last month have been by three runs or less? The fact that the infield went on a rather impressive errorless streak? The fact that a p[layer like Felix Pie who lost his job in the beginning of the year never got down worked his ass off and is now revitalized.

Of course Trembley and Crow get NO credit for Pie's turn-around.

How can they possibly prove that to you?

30 games under .500 soon and you continue to make excuses for them?

Archived