how embarrasing!!

The Azman

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trembley's bullpen management was quite Perlozzo-esque tonight.

Horrible, simply horrible.

How - because he brought in people that FAILED?

Should he have let Mickolio stay out there after giving up two runs? Was bringing in Johnson in the top of the ninth a mistake?

Because a lot of managers would have done the exact same thing.

This whole damn team is an embarrassment. All that talent and they just lay dead when they play the Yanks and Sox.

This is probably the worst year they have had in the last 11 because they dont even compete with these guys. I am so disgusted with them.

You know i hate to agree with you Boggidown, but I gotta agree. This year is just getting worse and worse.

An impartial friend of mine (a Phillies fan actually) just went to an O's game last week. He came back to tell me how he was basically mystified that us Orioles fans think that Adam Jones & Nick Markakis are going to lead us to the promised land in a few years. I somewhat doubted his comment, but he backed it by saying, "you know, when you look at a lineup, there's usually a guy you as an opposing team think, 'oh crap, we need to pitch around this guy', however, there's not one hitter on that team that can hit a HR on 'command' like a Ryan Howard or a Pujols, or an A-rod."

Now, I explained to him how great of an all-around player both Nick and Adam are, but if we continue to trade proven guys away such as Sherrill who can hold the bullpen together as he's doing in LA, will we every truly compete? Our bullpen is now a joke: No good lefties out of the pen (if you think Hendrickson is decent, than you're just crazy), and who do we have tha can get guys out consistently without giving up a HR or a few runs on a normal night? Jim Johnson has been a nightmare in the 9th innings either in save situations OR when being put in when behind because we never win anymore or have a chance to win anymore.

I think we've been demoralized by good teams, and until Peter Angelos is out of there, and we have an owner willing to drop the cash for the bats and the arms, we're never truly going to compete. I really hope I'm wrong, but I used to watch every single game all summer long and into the fall months, but now, hell, I'd rather watch Desperate Housewives re-runs than watch us be one run down in the 7th or 8th and then give up a 6 spot in the top of the inning...being an Orioles fan is truly starting to wear on my emotions.

Trembley's bullpen management was quite Perlozzo-esque tonight.

Horrible, simply horrible.

How many threads are you gonna repeat this bit of nonsense in?

If you just knew when to be quiet, your ignorance about baseball wouldn't be so obvious to everybody. But, no... you'll repeat it again and again until everybody has yet another reason to (a) know you don't know what you're talking about and (b) be annoyed that you're doing your standard Rain Main trick of just repeating the same dumb thing again and again. Instead of "DT sucks", why don't you just say "K-Mart sucks"?

You know i hate to agree with you Boggidown, but I gotta agree. This year is just getting worse and worse.

An impartial friend of mine (a Phillies fan actually) just went to an O's game last week. He came back to tell me how he was basically mystified that us Orioles fans think that Adam Jones & Nick Markakis are going to lead us to the promised land in a few years. I somewhat doubted his comment, but he backed it by saying, "you know, when you look at a lineup, there's usually a guy you as an opposing team think, 'oh crap, we need to pitch around this guy', however, there's not one hitter on that team that can hit a HR on 'command' like a Ryan Howard or a Pujols, or an A-rod."

Now, I explained to him how great of an all-around player both Nick and Adam are, but if we continue to trade proven guys away such as Sherrill who can hold the bullpen together as he's doing in LA, will we every truly compete? Our bullpen is now a joke: No good lefties out of the pen (if you think Hendrickson is decent, than you're just crazy), and who do we have tha can get guys out consistently without giving up a HR or a few runs on a normal night? Jim Johnson has been a nightmare in the 9th innings either in save situations OR when being put in when behind because we never win anymore or have a chance to win anymore.

I think we've been demoralized by good teams, and until Peter Angelos is out of there, and we have an owner willing to drop the cash for the bats and the arms, we're never truly going to compete. I really hope I'm wrong, but I used to watch every single game all summer long and into the fall months, but now, hell, I'd rather watch Desperate Housewives re-runs than watch us be one run down in the 7th or 8th and then give up a 6 spot in the top of the inning...being an Orioles fan is truly starting to wear on my emotions.

I dont agree with you 100%. I think we have some really good guys but they just seem to not play up to their capabilities when they play the better teams (whereas in the past they did more so). Even last year I think they won the season series with the Yankees.

Why do they play so rotten this year? This is not a 100 loss team on paper.

I dont agree with you 100%. I think we have some really good guys but they just seem to not play up to their level, whereas in the past they did. Even last year I think they won the season series with the Yankees.

Why do they play so rotten this year? This is not a 100 loss team on paper.

Unfortunately, 100 losses DOES go on paper and makes us look like the laughing stock of baseball...we're becoming the KC Royals of the AL East.

Archived