Orioles Interested In Ryan Shealy

Boca Bird

So sources have been saying that Olson, and not Javy, is drawing interest from COL. What if they got both, and sent a good prospect back, along with one of their young backup catchers to offset some salary?

Or are they flat-out not interested in Javy?

I don;t think their young backup catchers make a whole lot to offset salary.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So sources have been saying that Olson, and not Javy, is drawing interest from COL. What if they got both, and sent a good prospect back, along with one of their young backup catchers to offset some salary?

Or are they flat-out not interested in Javy?

If Colorado wants Olson back in a trade for Shealy, I'd probably take that risk. Part of the point of drafting so many good arms like we have in recent years is to trade away a few to fill other holes, and I don't think anyone will argue that we need positional prospects far worse than we do pitching prospects. Shealy may not turn out to be anything special, but Olson may not either. It's essentially a potential high reward trade for both teams.

So sources have been saying that Olson, and not Javy, is drawing interest from COL.

This thread is so dang long, I can't keep everything straight. Are "sources" saying that, or is that just what some folks are wondering about?

I'd rather us trade Loewen than Liz or Olson. Loewen has command issues, Olson and Liz thus far do not. I'd do Loewen straight up for Shealy. we might eventually have the worse end of that stick, but I think for the present we do well and we do well for the future, but we probably won't do amazing, which is what we could do while keeping Loewen. Shealy sounds like he is more polished at this point though.

I don;t think their young backup catchers make a whole lot to offset salary.
True, but you didn't really answer my real question: Does COL have any interest in Javy? Do they want him, but just not for Shealy? Do they want him, but only if we eat some $? Or do they not want him under any circumstances?

You might not know the answer to that, but I'm just curious.

True, but you didn't really answer my real question: Does COL have any interest in Javy? Do they want him, but just not for Shealy? Do they want him, but only if we eat some $? Or do they not want him under any circumstances?

You might not know the answer to that, but I'm just curious.

They should be interested in javy. Their catchers are hitting about .220 with a whopping 3 hr's. Maybe they'll throw in Mike De Jean to sweeten the deal:rolleyes:

From the Toronto Sun this morning...

The Blue Jays are in the midst of trade talks with the Colorado Rockies in an attempt to acquire first baseman Ryan Shealy.

Shealy, 26, is hitting .284 with 12 homers and 43 RBIs at triple-A Colorado Springs. He can't make the Rockies because of their everyday first baseman, Todd Helton, who is hitting .300 with six home runs and 31 RBIs.

In 2005, Shealy batted .328 with 26 homers and 88 RBIs and he projects as a designated hitter.

Colorado wants a pitching prospect in return.

If the Jays, who already have a potent offence, acquire Shealy, does this mean Shea Hillenbrand could be moved for either another arm or an infielder?

Hillenbrand is hitting .321 this season with 11 home runs and 35 RBIs.

The Jays are not the only team in the chase for Shealy as both the Boston Red Sox and Baltimore Orioles also have an interest.

The Chicago Cubs suggested reliever David Aarsdma last month, but the Rockies turned down that deal.

The Orioles wanted the Rockies to take Javier Lopez, which does not interest the Rockies either.

From the Toronto Sun this morning...

The Blue Jays are in the midst of trade talks with the Colorado Rockies in an attempt to acquire first baseman Ryan Shealy.

Shealy, 26, is hitting .284 with 12 homers and 43 RBIs at triple-A Colorado Springs. He can't make the Rockies because of their everyday first baseman, Todd Helton, who is hitting .300 with six home runs and 31 RBIs.

In 2005, Shealy batted .328 with 26 homers and 88 RBIs and he projects as a designated hitter.

Colorado wants a pitching prospect in return.

If the Jays, who already have a potent offence, acquire Shealy, does this mean Shea Hillenbrand could be moved for either another arm or an infielder?

Hillenbrand is hitting .321 this season with 11 home runs and 35 RBIs.

The Jays are not the only team in the chase for Shealy as both the Boston Red Sox and Baltimore Orioles also have an interest.

The Chicago Cubs suggested reliever David Aarsdma last month, but the Rockies turned down that deal.

The Orioles wanted the Rockies to take Javier Lopez, which does not interest the Rockies either.

Interesting...This tells me that the Rockies probably do not feel they can win the division this year.

I am surprised they don't want to deal Shealy for a player or 2 that can help them now.

The question is, what pitching prospects do you give up?

Interesting...This tells me that the Rockies probably do not feel they can win the division this year.

I am surprised they don't want to deal Shealy for a player or 2 that can help them now.

The question is, what pitching prospects do you give up?

Unless scouts say there are a couple of holes in his game that really point to him not being able to hit MLB pitching, I would be willing to give up Olson.

Olson is younger, and neither are sure things. However, Shealy is the safer bet to reach his potential and he is ready to play now. That makes it a fair deal.

Archived