3/7 Red Sox @ Orioles

porterhouse

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• A lot of guys on that list have also just had a very hard time staying healthy.  Haskin has done some good things but missed a lot of time.  Servideo missed a lot of time.  Ardoin actually has had a decent career so far for a 4th rounder. Reed Trimble is another guy that just can't stay on the field.  Looks like he made it about 2 weeks this year before going on the IL yet again.  Not sure what the injury is (yes RZ I did google it :))
    • Have you ever seen them in the same room together…? 
    • What a bummer, especially means. Glad we got to see some vintage Means in his first start back. I'd love to bring him back on a two year deal 
    • What he's been able to do at the plate has been a nice pick-me-up for the a team that has had multiple hitters struggling at the same time. For me though, watching how he's handled 2B this season has been a treat. The tag on the SB attempt last night was a play that not all 2B make.    There's been times I would have traded or released him for nothing, but right now I'm really glad he's still here.
    • If he stays right where he is right now hitting .245, he has very nice value. On pace for a 3-4 war season. As a secondary piece, that’s huge.
    • Adding relievers should be the priority, but that doesn't mean Elias won't look to strengthen our staff or add a hitter as well.  I'm not expecting us to trade for Luzardo, but it's a possibility with the injuries that our staff has been through. 
    • Luzardo is a really interesting target. On one hand, he is your Burnes replacement. A guy with high end starter potential (although less of a sure thing than Burnes) who you would have for 2 more years. OTOH, it feels like he could be a ticking time bomb…and yes you can say that about most pitchers but some are worse than others. Im not sure im giving up Povich or McDermott in a Luzardo deal because we just don’t have much depth right now after them. A year or 2 from now, the depth has the potential to look a lot better but we aren’t there yet. Besides the obvious 3 prospects, DeLeon, Povich and McDermott are the next 3 guys I really want to keep if possible. Everyone else is on the table although I certainly would prefer to use other intl guys vs Liranzo and Sosa. Using some kind of combo of Kjerstad, Stowers, Norby, Fabian, any of the veteran OFers/OHearn/Mounty and any of the draft picks from last year are amongst the group of guys I would be looking to move first.  Try to build a package(s) around that group of players and see what you can come up with.
  • Popular Contributors