MD gets 4 seed

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We got a 4 in an awful situation -- flying across the country, Michigan St and Kansas on our side of the bracket. I would rather be GT's 10 playing Oklahoma St. closer to home.

As adpollard said, they probably were the last #4 seed....So, they were a borderline 4/5 seed....So, they get the tougher matchup..MSU probably the #1 5 seed?

LOL at being a#6 seed heading into the ACC tourny. Good call Lunardi. I knew we were higher than where everyone had us. Apparently, people completely ignored the fact that we shared the reg season conference title. What sucks is that if we had handled our business in the first two rounds and got to the ACC Final we would've been a 3. Heck, even if we just beat GT we are probably still a 4 but are unlikely to draw Kansas. The loss to GT daggered our chances to make noise in this tourny. Mich St is a tough 2nd round opponent and we get the best team in the tourny if we happen to get by State. Horrible, horrible draw for us and we only have ourselves to blame.

Well, I thought UMD was a 4 all along (and voted as such). I thought maybe they slip to No. 5 with the loss to GT, but this seems about right.

I'm not worried about the draw. This team can beat - or lose - to just about anyone on a given night. But so can anyone else.

Archived