Lugo Traded to O's

BillySmith

So this isn't an April Fools? I guess not, Roch says the same thing. It's fine by me. I was never a fan of Andino, but after seeing that crap yesterday I don't want him on the team at all. Lugo's UZR/150 at SS last year was -44.7. Granted it was only 56 games over 400 innings, but that's pretty bad. His OPS was .757 and he's projected to be around .700 this year.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me Lugo is an easy upgrade over Andino. Lugo can play at least three positions in the infield and has a better bat. If he performs well then you have a guy you can deal at the deadline for something the team can use down the line.

Is Lugo's salary really $9.25M for 2010? If so then I would hope the Cardinals would pick up some of the money if the Orioles were to be giving up a player. So that would be $18.25M for Lugo and Millwood in 2010? I am not trying to knock the Orioles here, but I think I would have found a better way to spend that money!

For me Lugo is an easy upgrade over Andino. Lugo can play at least three positions in the infield and has a better bat. If he performs well then you have a guy you can deal at the deadline for something the team can use down the line.

Is Lugo's salary really $9.25M for 2010? If so then I would hope the Cardinals would pick up some of the money if the Orioles were to be giving up a player. So that would be $18.25M for Lugo and Millwood in 2010? I am not trying to knock the Orioles here, but I think I would have found a better way to spend that money!

I would imagine that St. Louis is picking up almost all of that, unless Boston agreed to pay when they sent him to St. Louis.

Don't sweat the money. We traded Jay Gibbons for him straight up. :P

Yup next year's planning has started. It will be mobbed next year with Pujols and Lee and Beckett signed as free agents.:laughlol:

All Beckett needs to do is walk away from Boston's 4/$66+M deal. Lee is a guy that is all about the money and has said so. I do not want Lee, that kind of thing just rubs me the wrong way. I love Pujols, but I am not giving him huge money at the age of 34.

You got to think that a lot of the big name free agents will resign with their respective teams. The Orioles should start investing as much money they can into the draft, international signings, and player development. I think that is the only way we are ever going to be really good. The Orioles would be a much better team this year if they just had a good player at first.

He signed a big 4 year deal with the Red Sox... that's why he's still being paid like an All Star even though he's a bench/role player. He won't make that type of money ever again.

what exactly did Andino do yesterday? I missed the game and didn't read anything about it on Roch's blog.

The play I saw was Andino making a pick on the ball...It was hit hard and he picked it very well.

Then, after that happened, he kind of turned around and looked at the stands as if to say, look at me...He then proceeded to nonchalantly throw it over to first...dropped his shoulder and threw it to high and got an error.

Is this our first St. Louis trade since Will Clark back in 2000? It's minor, I know, but nice to know we can trade around the league.

AM is just trying to make Hendry and the Cubs jealous that he made a deal with another team--let alone their rival. I predict a Berken for Castro deal on the horizon. :D

Archived