Super-Conferences?!

Sports Guy

Have you guys heard about this?

Apparently, the SEC and Big 10 just want to swallow everyone up and take over things.

The thought now is that you may see 4 superconferences...ACC, SEC, Big 10 and PAc 10...Big East, Big 12, Moutain West, etc...all gone.

Apparently, Syracuse would prefer to be the ACC than the Big East anyway...There are also academics standards for some of the schools that need to be worked out.

But the idea is that you would have 4 conferences with 16 teams in each.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if this were to happen, the NCAA should just do what they really want to do and just create another new level for football. At least that way they can clear their conscience of a little bit of their hypocrisy.

It would be interesting to see how the Big East and Big 12 would be divvied up.

Considering many of us are ACC fans, what 4 schools would you guys want added?

I'd say Syracuse, Pitt, UCONN, and WVU. South Florida would be good as well.

What happens to schools like Villanova and GTown that don't have Division I-A football teams?

Considering many of us are ACC fans, what 4 schools would you guys want added?

I'd say Syracuse, Pitt, UCONN, and WVU. South Florida would be good as well.

What happens to schools like Villanova and GTown that don't have Division I-A football teams?

I have read something that talked about UCONN and cuse being no brainers...WVU may not have the academics...USF is a possibility, as is Pitt.

Why? Bad academics and a bad basketball program.

Basketball seems to be on the rise there along with their athletic program in general. Good location as well. Not sure about their academics. Who would you rather have?

Connecticut, Syracuse, Rutgers and either South Florida or West Virginia.

Of course, the two teams being mentioned most often in the Big Ten expansion (other than the obvious Notre Dame comments) are Rutgers and 'Cuse.

I guess Rutgers is attractive due to their market? Bad basketball program and decent foortball program. Just in terms of athletics, I'll gladly take Pitt, WVU, and UCONN over them.

Pitt will be more likely to go to the Big ten under this scenario.

I'd like to see UConn, Cuse, GTown, and WVU go to the ACC. I hate to see the Cuse/GTown rivalry break up

Supposedly the Big East would look to build a basketball-only, Catholic (Notre Dame, Georgetown, St. Johns, DePaul, etc.) conference.

Archived