5/11: M's at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He shouldn't be sent down. He is ready to pitch here. He should assume an important role in the BP. He just isn't going to be a starter. I'm pretty positive. He gets gassed in pretty much every game by the 5th/6th or at 85 pitches, whichever comes first. It is obvious. Those two at bats before the hit were ridiculous. That can't happen at this level.

I respect the fact that lots of posters wanted to give Hernandez the chance to stick at starter, and it isn't like he was clogging-up the rotation and preventing someone better and ready from joining the staff, but his future in the pen has been fairly obvious dating back to last year. He has never shown two consistent pitches at the ML level, let alone three, and he has never shown the ability to maintain his stuff through the middle to late innings.

I respect the fact that lots of posters wanted to give Hernandez the chance to stick at starter, and it isn't like he was clogging-up the rotation and preventing someone better and ready from joining the staff, but his future in the pen has been fairly obvious dating back to last year. He has never shown two consistent pitches at the ML level, let alone three, and he has never shown the ability to maintain his stuff through the middle to late innings.

Agreed. Long Reliever is his future with this team.

Looking around at the stands, it looks like a High School game. :laughlol:

It really does. The weather isn't helping things but the mid-week games have gotten pathetic over the past few years attendance wise for them.

It really does. The weather isn't helping things but the mid-week games have gotten pathetic over the past few years attendance wise for them.

And right there is the real travesty of this situation. Andy MacPhail has managed this organization right into a small market situation. The man has killed Baltimores once proud organization and Fan Base. Sorry all you Andy lovers. You are wrong.

Thats because it is. Ken Griffey Junior is just one of those Dads that think he can still play.:laughlol:

Hey, c'mon now. While not the dominating force of a few seasons ago, Junior still has it--he's just on a damned terrible team.

I hate the way SEA is treating Junior. Thorne mentioned a story that reported Junior was sleeping in the clubhouse during a game in which he wasn't playing--why report that? Why muddy-up the greatest player of your franchise's history? More, it should be Junior's choice whether he continues to play. I don't know who's in charge in SEA anymore, but whoever they are, they need to realize just who they're dealing with: one of the greatest to ever play the game; the problem is, he sure isn't being treated like it.

If SEA releases Junior, I'd love to see him go somewhere as a complimentary player and wreak havoc in what may be his final season in baseball. Go out on your terms, Junior--no one else's.

Agree. I was willing to give him time when he was one of the best five options / the other guys needed more MiL time even though I thought the chances were slim that he'd develop. That is no longer the case. We've got better starting pitching candidates stuck behind him in the minors. We need to rectify that.

His slurve actually shows some promise if he could command it at all. I'd like to see him moved to 6th/7th inning duty and to focus solely on FB and SV command. If he can get those two down, he has potential as an 8th/9th inning guy. Maybe working exclusively from the stretch will help him simplify and find a better release on the breaking ball?

Archived