5/11: M's at O's

PaulFolk

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've now watched Hernandez pitch quite a few times. I'm pretty much ready to conclude that he doesn't have the stamina to be a starter. He runs out of gas and his delivery falls apart by 85 pitches in pretty much every single start. You could absolutely see that Hernandez was done and it happened in like 5 pitches. You just can't walk two straight hitters with 2 outs in the sixth inning after being up 0-2 on the hitter without making him swing again.

SG is right. This guy is going to end up as a reliever. They might as well make the change. No shame in being a reliever.

Regarding the game, this team is playing horribly. This effort tonight is another in a long line of sloppy efforts. It is time to make some changes. It is time to let guys know that a lack of results will lead to changes. DT is going to take the fall and I'm afraid that is just the way it is.

I'm hoping they send him to the bullpen now instead of optioning him. When he's on his stuff is awesome. Put him in the pen for the rest of the season, let him take another shot at being a starter next year.

I've now watched Hernandez pitch quite a few times. I'm pretty much ready to conclude that he doesn't have the stamina to be a starter. He runs out of gas and his delivery falls apart by 85 pitches in pretty much every single start. You could absolutely see that Hernandez was done and it happened in like 5 pitches. You just can't walk two straight hitters with 2 outs in the sixth inning after being up 0-2 on the hitter without making him swing again.

SG is right. This guy is going to end up as a reliever. They might as well make the change. No shame in being a reliever.

Regarding the game, this team is playing horribly. This effort tonight is another in a long line of sloppy efforts. It is time to make some changes. It is time to let guys know that a lack of results will lead to changes. DT is going to take the fall and I'm afraid that is just the way it is.

My sentiments exactly on every point in this post. Well said.

After I get home, I'll be there for a month, at least. I haven't seen an Orioles game since August. One might think that someone who has been a fan for over 20 years, including '88, would be anxious to see a game. Right now I could hardly care less. It saddens me to say so.

After I get home, I'll be there for a month, at least. I haven't seen an Orioles game since August. One might think that someone who has been a fan for over 20 years, including '88, would be anxious to see a game. Right now I could hardly care less. It saddens me to say so.

That's not very quixotic of you.

Archived