Trembley to be fired today?

Pedro Cerrano

I can't tell you guys how much I wished that we were starting to hear that McPhail talked Tom Kelly into managing this team, or Cal Ripken or somebody that would give us Oriole fans some kind of happiness and hope.

Instead Juan Samuel. Oh God when will all the craziness end.

I hope that everybody who keeps talking up Cal for manager realizes the ramifications.

He could never be fired. Never. He's Cal Freakin' Ripken. He'd be manager for life, or for as long as he wanted the job.

So when anything goes wrong -- when, for example, a bunch of injuries and major disappointments turn the O's into a .300 team -- you'll have to look for a solution besides sacking the manager.

It might even be necessary to admit that maybe the manager isn't that important in the overall miasma of failure.

Just a thought.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't tell you guys how much I wished that we were starting to hear that McPhail talked Tom Kelly into managing this team, or Cal Ripken or somebody that would give us Oriole fans some kind of happiness and hope.

Instead Juan Samuel. Oh God when will all the craziness end.

As much as I like Ripken, I want someone with experience at managing a major league team. We've had 3 guys in a row who have lacked it and I can't help but wonder whether that's contributed to our losing ways in some capacity.

As much as I like Ripken, I want someone with experience at managing a major league team. We've had 3 guys in a row who have lacked it and I can't help but wonder whether that's contributed to our losing ways in some capacity.

So players can not manage a game? Are we really saying that Cal Ripken does not know enough about the game of baseball to provide insight into how to manage a game? If anything Ripken's issue would be tied to his pursuit of perfection. Think Michael Jordan as a Wizards owner/player. He could do the things he asked of others, but they didn't have his skillset.

Trembley didn't play, but a lot of successful or otherwise quality managers were former players. Ozzie Guillen, Dusty Baker, Joe Torre, and Davey Johnson just to name a few.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5249088

The fact Baltimore Orioles manager Dave Trembley is going to be fired is inevitable; the only question is when, a source told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

Juan Samuel, the Orioles third base coach, is expected to be named the interim manager when a move is made, the source said.

The story can be discussed here or with the new ESPN news- in the Milligan thread... Dave Trembley Appreciation Thread.

According to the Viviano Show's facebook page:

"MLB Sources - Dave Trembley will be fired today by the O's."

He goes on to say that Juan Samuel will be the interim manager.

DT or Juan Samuel...I'd stick with Trembley.

Samuel's lifetime .259 BA doesn't make me giddy.

DT or Juan Samuel...I'd stick with Trembley.

Samuel's lifetime .259 BA doesn't make me giddy.

105.7 just reported that Samuel is not necessarily the interim manager. They are reporting that a final decision has not yet been made. For what it's worth.

If this were to be an interim situation, we should have stuck with DT for the rest of the season. Samuel's failed stop-signs are going to be just as effective from the bench. I fully expect to see some crazy-ass managing decisions out of Juan to the point of making DT look like Stengel.

According to my sources with the Baltimore Orioles ,

Dave Trembley has been fired by the Baltimore Orioles and has been replaced

The official word will be annouced tomorrow

Then it's not official, now is it? :scratchchinhmm:

Hello, misleading thread title...

Then it's not official, now is it? :scratchchinhmm:

Hello, misleading thread title...

It would be official if Trembley knows. That is really the only person that matters at this point.

Who knows if he got the word, but just because we don't know doesn't mean its not official.

Archived