Trembley to be fired today?

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish things could have worked out better for DT. He deserves better.

No matter how you manage a bullpen, you can't compete when almost all of your position players are having mediocre to terrible offensive years.

Good luck Dave.

Replacing DT with Samuel and keeping the rest of the coaching staff in place is one of the few things the front office could do that would be worse than the status quo.

If you must have an interim manager, go with Komminsk or Gary Allenson, not your idiot third base coach who forgets how many outs there are and gets runners thrown out by 10 feet.

Better yet, just clean house. Starting with Crowley.

At least promoting Samuel gets him out of the 3B coaching box.

Seriously Samuel?

I mean I could have tolerated any of those other guys. For anyone who wanted to see real change, this can't possibly be it.

I worry Samuel is going to pull a Hillman, yell at everyone in public and quickly wear out his welcome.

That's how I feel. At this point, I almost feel like it will be weight lifted off his back.

Ditto.

And boo to appointing anyone on the staff interim manager. This is a blatantly lost season...fire the ENTIRE staff, what's coaching gonna fix? Name a veteran player player/manager (Millwood, Wiggington, Izturis or Tejada would be "suitable" here) until a new manager can be hired and he can bring in his own staff. Let other players assume duties of coaching (mostly to have 1st and 3rd coaches). Who knows, maybe with the players directly invested in the management, they might figure some stuff out, and at the very least, the trainwreck it would most likely cause would be more entertaining than the trainwreck we're watching now.

Obviously, this wouldn't happen, but only firing Trembley is really only helping Trembley.

While I assumed it was going to happen sooner or later, I never thought it would come in the middle of a series. Especially in NY. That would be surprising.

Not if they wait until this afternoon. The series will be over by then (today's game is at 1:05).

Samuel is an awful choice. If the O's somehow improve the rest of the season anyway, I hope they don't think it's partly because of him.

Dave did his best. I wish him well.

Also, if Samuel is the new manager, didn't he say some players on the Orioles didn't belong in the majors or something along those lines last year?

Not sure how I feel about that. I think it was in reference to Pie.

Hey I thought we wanted a "head-cracker" right? Don't we want a no-nonsense guy that "holds players accountable".

That is, of course, so long as it is players we don't like.

Seriously Samuel?

I mean I could have tolerated any of those other guys. For anyone who wanted to see real change, this can't possibly be it.

I worry Samuel is going to pull a Hillman, yell at everyone in public and quickly wear out his welcome.

Maybe that would be a blessing in disguise. It would open up a true search at the end of the year. The problem I have with Samuel is the possibility that he might be hired permanently. If the O's really do fire DT, then they need to clean house at the end of the season. They need to hire someone from outside with a fresh perspective. Just my opinion.

Hey I thought we wanted a "head-cracker" right? Don't we want a no-nonsense guy that "holds players accountable".

That is, of course, so long as it is players we don't like.

How is being a head-cracker calling out players in the media and saying they dont belong in the majors?

I'd like my head-cracker to be doing the head-cracking in the dugout and clubhouse, away from microphones...but it would be nice to see some head-cracking on camera once in a while.

And boo to appointing anyone on the staff interim manager. This is a blatantly lost season...fire the ENTIRE staff, what's coaching gonna fix? Name a veteran player player/manager (Millwood, Wiggington, Izturis or Tejada would be "suitable" here) until a new manager can be hired and he can bring in his own staff. Let other players assume duties of coaching (mostly to have 1st and 3rd coaches). Who knows, maybe with the players directly invested in the management, they might figure some stuff out, and at the very least, the trainwreck it would most likely cause would be more entertaining than the trainwreck we're watching now.

This wd be a radical, entertaining idea--something that a maverick owner or GM might have had fun doing for a day or a week (someone like a Charlie Finley or Veeck). No way it's going to happen in Baltimore, but I would love to see the Kangaroo Court reinstituted. Maybe we can hire Frank as a special assistant just for that!

How is being a head-cracker calling out players in the media and saying they dont belong in the majors?

I'd like my head-cracker to be doing the head-cracking in the dugout and clubhouse, away from microphones...but it would be nice to see some head-cracking on camera once in a while.

Okay, but my point remains. This is what DT did. He kept it behind closed doors for the most part and the couple times he did say things in public, when asked direct questions, he caught flack for it.

Maybe not from you in particular but you can't deny that it happened.

Archived