Good chance we might be dropping down the draft board

ChaosLex

I'll take a strong finish and progress made by our "core" guys over the chance to have another Hobgood in our system.

Just to make a reference here....Hobgood would be a projected 2nd rounder in this draft had he graduated in 2011, just so you know. This draft is honestly capable of being the best in the last 10 years, of course, no one will know for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The current "rep" we're getting as an organization influencing the free agent class FAAAAAR outweighs the spots we are dropping in the draft.

Bring on the free agents and crack open that wallet!!

This a thousand times over. Would Robby Alomar have signed here, if the Orioles weren't on the verge of something, back in the '90's?

Winning solves all problems

Pittsburgh 51 98 .342

Seattle 57 92 .383

Arizona 59 91 .393

Baltimore 60 90 .400

Kansas City 61 88 .409

Washington 62 88 .413

Cleveland 62 88 .413

I, for one, couldn't be happier about our slide. :)

Hmmm... Twelve games left: at Red Sox (2), at Jays (3) at TBR (3) and closing out with four at home vs. Tigers

They'll do well to split the 12. That's 66-96, and I have to think that one of the Royals, Nats, and Indians wins at least 66. Even if not, the Cubs are at 68-81 and will cushion the fall.

I'm pretty stoked for this upcoming draft. Even at 3-5, the Orioles are in a really good position to take a quality starting pitcher. I agree with MacPhail that growing the arms is the best way to stock a rotation. 2011's draft seems to have plenty of guys worth adding to that rotation.

This a thousand times over. Would Robby Alomar have signed here, if the Orioles weren't on the verge of something, back in the '90's?

Winning solves all problems

The orioles were 71-76 in 1995 and faded late in the season. So it is not like the Orioles were on an upswing, but they were still a very good amount better then this years team. A free agent is not going look too differently at a team that had 95 or 105 losses the previous season no matter how they did in the last month and a half of season. Either way the top free agents will not want to go there by preference.

Only half a game separates us and the Diamondbacks. Fortunately, I know some people have said there's four *big* studs in this upcoming draft, not counting any dark horse candidates that emerge next year.

Pittsburgh 56 103 .352

Seattle 61 98 .384

Baltimore 63 95 .399

Arizona 64 95 .403

Kansas City 66 93 .415

Archived