Holy Crap I Just Had a Nightmarish Flashback to Jeffrey Maier

Hank Scorpio

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLB spent the past 20 years ending after midnight. That's the difference: ending time.

Kids living east of the Mountain time zone don't get to see the end of important baseball games, so unless they are already attached to a team like you were they don't get to experience the best the sport has to offer.

And in yet another case of brow-beating by the fans and media, MLB has FINALLY begun starting games earlier. This is a very new thing for them, so please don't act like it is some sort of defense of the organization like you appeared to earlier.

Adults watch TV at night more than kids do. If my bed time is 9PM I am not seeing the end of a game no matter when it ends. Are kids seeing the end of Monday Night Football.

Because they got pulled over the coals yesterday, and are installing new policies tomorrow. They know how to respond to limit the damage, which is enough for some (maybe most). MLB hasn't figured that out yet.

The instant replay debacle is like the NFL having major incidents and media scrutiny over big hits every year for the past decade.

Everyday I read about another player getting into trouble and nobody cares. The guy who caught the winning touchdown in the Super Bowl in 2008 is in jail. The guy who caught the winning touchdown the next year has had numerous off the field issues and was suspended for 4 games. The QB who threw the winning TD pass was suspended and is lucky not to be in jail. A dog fighter is playing in the league.

A Ravens coach has had 2 drunk driving incidents in about 4 months and is still coaching. Edwards gets a DUI and the next week catches a big TD pass. A player gers suspended for steroids in MLB they are evil, an NFL player gets suspended people are worried about when they are coming back.

Adults watch TV at night more than kids do. If my bed time is 9PM I am not seeing the end of a game no matter when it ends. Are kids seeing the end of Monday Night Football.

It's easier to extend your bedtime until ten than until midnight. And I hope you understand the difference between a single regular-season game a week and basically the entire playoffs of your sport.

Archived