2010 Mobbies: Vote for the Orioles Hangout!

ScottieBaseball

So there were non-Orioles fans voting for my site in this contest. I can see how that seems wrong, but let me put it to you this way. Currently in the Mobbies, Baltimore Sports and Life is leading in the Terps category. The number two blog in the contest is Testudo Times, a blog dedicated to the Terps that pulls in over 8000 visitors a day. All due respect to Chris Stoner, but he's leading in the Terps category because he asked you to vote for him here on OH, and he put it up on his Facebook page, etc. All of you who threw a few votes Stoner's way, are you fully educated on the other Terps blogs and just how good they are? No, you're not. But you voted for Stoner because you like him and because he's a fellow OH'er. And there is nothing wrong with that.

First of all, between you, OH and Chris, Stoner's site is the only actual true blog IMO...You complain about the HO not being a blog but neither is your site for what I understand.

Secondly, Chris's blog is probably better than most, if not all, Terps blogs. I do not follow the Terps but I know sports well enough to know when I hear an educated opinion or not and most of the people locally have an opinion that is neither educated nor intelligent...and that goes for all of their opinions, not just the Terps. Chris reads up on everything..he stays current. Is he a homer? Yes he is but Chris has more Terps knowledge than most people in the media and probably more than anyone on this site.

On top of all of that, he goes out and gets good interviews, which seperates his site from most blogs I have seen. He has spent countless hours networking with people through Linked in, facebook, etc...he has lined up several interviews in everything he likes to talk about. He has recommendations from guys like Eisenberg, holliday and Melewski.

I haven't seen your site...Chris tells me you do a good job with it and I am sure you do...But I would be willing to bet that you don't go all out and get the interviews like he does.

Oh and btw, he is just doing this on the side, hoping to build it into something larger.

To sum this all up, any vote he gets in this contest is well deserved whether people are educated on other blogs or not.

Besides, you are all just lucky that I haven't started my blog yet! :D

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not getting at anything, just saying that the turn of events here has been pretty funny. Both sides garnering for votes and then trying to play it off like it was no big deal in the first place.

You're not sure where you made it sound important in the first place? Well, making this thread a sticky at the top of the most visited section of the board is a starting point. And if Tony doesn't put stock into it, why'd he lobby to get back onto the poll? Why'd you make a lengthy post justifying to the very members of the board that you guys are indeed worthy of being considered a blog?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you say about the OH being the best. I voted because I'm a big fan of the site and genuinely believe that you are the best. It's no secret that I spend way too much time on here.

I also believe you when you say you were having fun. Isn't competition fun?

Somebody is not being a team player here. ;)

Seriously man, why the need to constantly knock us in this thread? Scott and I have explained ourselves multiple times as to why we got ourselves back into this and now it's just a fun competion.

It's OH vs the world and with the power of our campaign manager weams we will not be vanquished. :D

Unlike the Duck I am not a member of the staff.

I just hold a grudge.

Stacey Clipped ~d's photo of Aubrey Huff in his I Heart Baltimore shirt and used it as her own. When called on it she was evidently too embarrassed to even give ~d credit for it. When Stacey was given an opportunity to byline the photo properly, she chose not to to reply. It has been carried national and attributed to Stacey.

She evidently got caught here again with the Yankee blog and I won't stand for it.

It's On.

Somebody is not being a team player here. ;)

Seriously man, why the need to constantly knock us in this thread? Scott and I have explained ourselves multiple times as to why we got ourselves back into this and now it's just a fun competion.

It's OH vs the world and with the power of our campaign manager weams we will not be vanquished. :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17Share

Rob Dibble and the female baseball fan.

by Stacey on Aug 12, 2010 4:10 PM EDT in Commentary & Analysis

.Those ladies right behind there, they haven't stopped talking the whole game. They have some conversation going on. There must be a sale tomorrow going on here or something....Their husbands are going "man, don't bring your wife next time."

I was just thinking, those women, there's a new series Real Housewives of D.C. that just came out. Maybe they're filming an episode?

Both of those quotes are by Nationals announcer Rob Dibble and transcribed by Dan Steinberg at D.C Sports Bog. I went back and forth on if I really wanted to write this. For one thing, it has nothing to do with the Orioles. For another, Steinberg already covered the issue accurately and with the appropriate amount of snark. And as Mike Prada wrote on SB Nation D.C., talking about Rob Dibble is exactly what Rob Dibble wants. Ultimately, though, I couldn't ignore it. The fact is that this is my life. I am a woman who is a baseball fan. No, wait. I'm more than that. I am a woman who is a baseball writer. I'm a woman who is a baseball writer who runs the best and most successful Orioles blog on the internet. I am recognized by both local and out-of-town sports media as a knowledgeable source on the Baltimore Orioles.

She is perfectly ok if she is not recognized as the number one Oriole site. Right. :rofl::rofl:

proofashxy.png

It's on...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjELrev9TU0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjELrev9TU0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You're hurting Camden Chat's message board's feelings.

Why, because They have CHAT in their name? She has a Website, Tony has a GRANDE Website. What is the difference? Oh, right. It is a number thing.

Chevy Chase asked and answered one of life's more difficult questions.

"How do you measure a man? By his height."

Archived