Derek Lee to San Diego?

rainman

I apologize, would you prefer that I wait until 9 different sources report it first? I got the info and wanted to share with you guys. Sorry.

No need to get your panties in a wad. It's nothing personal and I'm not saying you are incorrect. Right now the only source is a guy named JohnA on a site called the Spokesman. Forgive me if I'd prefer a little more confirmation.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No need to get your panties in a wad. It's nothing personal and I'm not saying you are incorrect. Right now the only source is a guy named JohnA on a site called the Spokesman. Forgive me if I'd prefer a little more confirmation.

Didn't take it personal. Again, I got the info & wanted to pass it on. That's all.

No problem. For clarification, did you get the info from the article on the Spokesman or are you saying that you have another source for said information?

I actually got it from another source BEFORE the article came out.

I've been doing radio, off & on, since 1999 & have obviously developed some nice connections, but didn't feel it was appropriate to throw that out there before.

I actually got it from another source BEFORE the article came out.

I've been doing radio, off & on, since 1999 & have obviously developed some nice connections, but didn't feel it was appropriate to throw that out there before.

I guess we'll see. Definitely not far fetched. I'm just amazed at how many people have taken this as gospel. The OH is usually much more skeptical.

For this report to be true the Padres would have to go over budget which is out of character for them.

This report also says the Padres have put signing other then Bartlett on hold.

From signonsd.com which is the San Diego hometown website:

Until the Bartlett issue is resolved, much of what the Padres have to do this offseason is on hold. Acquiring Bartlett would take approximately $5 million of the $10-12 million that Hoyer has to spend on finding a shortstop, a second baseman, a first baseman and a reserve catcher.

Remember, the Padres say they would still like to re-sign free agent infielder Jerry Hairston Jr., who is a free agent after making $2.125 million with the Padres last season.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/dec/13/still-no-resolution-padres-possible-trade-ss-bartl/

Nice to see the 1B market sorting itself out -- no reason to rush to grab any one particular player.

This allows BAL to focus on the much more cutthroat relief pitching market -- gotta be aggressive there to make sure you get your guy.

LOL. "Yeah, o.k" . Well, we're down to one. I'm just dying to hear the PR spin on this one. I can almost hear it now. "The Orioles didn't feel that Derrek Lee fits the direction that the team is going" , "Yeah, he didn't want to go to an organization that probably didn't make him an offer, didn't show interest, and has no idea how to aquire anything that resembles a free agent. We better hope that Laroche has a bigger heart, because I don't blame Lee at all. This deal with Lee, had nothing more to do with money than Cliff Lee to Philly. The man just hates Baltimore. We're not gonna get anything and McPhail deserves 100% of the blame if we fail to land Laroche. 100%

LOL. "Yeah, o.k" . Well, we're down to one. I'm just dying to hear the PR spin on this one. I can almost hear it now. "The Orioles didn't feel that Derrek Lee fits the direction that the team is going" , "Yeah, he didn't want to go to an organization that probably didn't make him an offer, didn't show interest, and has no idea how to aquire anything that resembles a free agent. We better hope that Laroche has a bigger heart, because I don't blame Lee at all. This deal with Lee, had nothing more to do with money than Cliff Lee to Philly. The man just hates Baltimore. We're not gonna get anything and McPhail deserves 100% of the blame if we fail to land Laroche. 100%

Whoooooosh!

Archived