New Autograph Policy for Fanfest

SilentJames

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, instead of paying for admission then waiting in very long lines for autographs, I now have to pay for admission, pay $15 per autograph session, then wait in very long lines.

I understand that this goes to charity, but this seems to be a giant slap in the face to any fan over 14.

I have to agree:(

It's a big slap in the face for fans 15-17... I'm 17 years old, I been collecting autographs since I can remember. I have no desired selling my stuff and I feel insulted cause I know I don't sell my autographs. This isn't fair.. The Orioles have one of the worst public relations department in the business. Ravens are in the playoffs years in and years out and they don't charge fans for there autographs. I doubt the money will go to charity.. We're probably forking out the bill for Peter Angelos gaming business he's bidding on.. This is terrible. :cussing:

I'll say it....this sucks. I'm not mad at the O's for doing it but I am getting mad at all the money hungry autograph hounds just trying to make a buck, who are the ones ruining getting autographs for us autograph hounds who do it solely for the fun of it and our own personal collection. Getting an autograph, for someone like myself, for my personal collection, is more about the story behind some of those pieces not just "look what I bought on ebay yesterday". Oh well, I'm done (I ran out of my 2 cents).

I like that they are contributing to charity, but $15 for each autograph is a little much in addition to the $15 it costs to get in the thing. To be honest it does feel like a slap in the face to fan older than 14, but it doesn't feel right complaining about it since it's for a good cause.

I like that they are contributing to charity, but $15 for each autograph is a little much in addition to the $15 it costs to get in the thing. To be honest it does feel like a slap in the face to fan older than 14, but it doesn't feel right complaining about it since it's for a good cause.

Its a $15 donation to get 3-4 autographs.

10 bucks to get in, season tix holders get in for free. I mean its not that big of a deal.

Kids get autos for free. I mean the Ravens ONLY give autos to kids at training camp.

Its a $15 donation to get 3-4 autographs.

10 bucks to get in, season tix holders get in for free. I mean its not that big of a deal.

Kids get autos for free. I mean the Ravens ONLY give autos to kids at training camp.

I wasn't aware of all that, guess I should have paid more attention. That isn't a big deal at all then.

It's a big slap in the face for fans 15-17... I'm 17 years old, I been collecting autographs since I can remember. I have no desired selling my stuff and I feel insulted cause I know I don't sell my autographs. This isn't fair.. The Orioles have one of the worst public relations department in the business. Ravens are in the playoffs years in and years out and they don't charge fans for there autographs. I doubt the money will go to charity.. We're probably forking out the bill for Peter Angelos gaming business he's bidding on.. This is terrible. :cussing:
Good god, kid... give it a break.

It's for charity and to try and break up the long lines to focus on people that really want autographs.

If this is such a huge deal to you, and you somehow can't come up with $15... go to games and try to get autographs there.

Also, for the love of god, proofread your posts.

I went to FanFest last year for the 1st time ever with my brother in law and nephew and got 9 total autographs. I spent most of the time in those lines. I felt bad for some kids that had to get in the line and wait (sometimes not even knowing who was going to be there) and then wait again for the session to start. I was in the back of the line and it literally took an hour and half to get an autographs. Making people give a donation is a great idea and I am an autograph hound. When I first read this I did feel a little ticked off, but a large part of FanFest is geared for kids and I would have easily given my spot to a kid waiting to get his "hero" autograph. I am glad they are doing this. I just can't wait to see the people that bring their kids just to get autographs for themselves.

Fine with me. But then, I'm not an autograph hound. I go to Fan Fest mostly to watch the forums and just scratch my baseball itch in the dead of winter.

:agree:

Anyone who gets upset about having to donate money to a good cause in order to get their autographs should be ashamed of themselves. Its an autograph for God's sake. Wait til April and the guys will sign for free along the warning tracks before every game.

I also go for the forums and to see some old friends. Seeing Weams shiny bald head always lets me know Baseball season is coming fast. He's like my groundhog! :laughlol:

Come on bud, you really think PA came up with this great autograph scam to charge adults 15 bucks just to pocket the money? Adults (17 is close enough to me) shouldn't be competing with 6 year olds for a Jason Berken autograph IMO. Want one, fork up 15 bucks for a good cause.

Get your facts straight before you cry in your Cheerios. The Ravens had the same policy change this past year at Training Camp, ONLY giving autographs to the kids.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2010/07/Press_Release_-_New_Autograph_Policy_at_Ravens_Training_Camp.aspx

Archived