New Autograph Policy for Fanfest

SilentJames

For free and without any lines you can thank a soldier, police officer, firefighter or nurse any day. But to wait in line for over a hour to thank a person for making millions to play a game that we all love, I just don't see it.

Some of us happen to be real fans of the game that appreciate the players.

Other just see them as going out and doing their jobs.

I'm proud to be part of the former and not the latter.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of us happen to be real fans of the game that appreciate the players.

Other just see them as going out and doing their jobs.

I'm proud to be part of the former and not the latter.

And yet you've complained about the organization throughout this entire thread? :rolleyes:

My wife and I got married in June 2006 and had our wedding reception at Ripken Stadium. For our first anniversary, I bought her Cal's book on motivation. For the past few years, she has been trying to get Cal to sign the book. We have IronBirds mini-plan season tickets, and often we have left the book with Fan Assistance after they said they could try to get Cak to sign it. Last year at IronFest (like FanFest except its for the IronBirds) Cal spoke to the fans, and afterwards agreed to sign. She had brought the book along, so, like Scottie, we stood off to the side of the dugout and just waited. Meanwhile, everybody and their brother started pushing through the rows of seats, with backbacks of stuff to get signed. Balls, photos, pictures, one guy even had a frickin bat. So as we waited our turn, these jackwagons start pushing us from behind and trying to literally pull me out of the way. They are screaming at me to move so they can get their stuff signed. Dippy was getting angry my friends, but I held my temper, until they finally pushed the Mrs. out of the way just as Cal arrived to her. Just as I was about to go ballistic on this dude, Cal saw the whole thing. He did NOT sign for those people, and specifically called out to Krista (who was now 2 or 3 people into a sea of idiots) and asked for the book. Cal happily signed it, and Krista got her signature, which was nothing more than a sentimental thing to remember our wedding.

Its these people why I have ZERO issues with the Orioles charging for autographs. If these idiots did this to us and Scottie and others, do you REALLY think they wouldn't do the same thing to 5 or 6 or 10 year old kids???

That is a nice story:)

I love CAL:)

In my humble opinion, there are several adult fan no-no's such as, adults shouldn't bring gloves to games, actively seek autographs, or wear jerseys with their own name on the back. They seem like childish pursuits. The only reason I'd want an autograph is to meet the athlete and have a conversation with them. No offense, it's just my opinion.

So yeah, I'm ok with this policy.

In my humble opinion, there are several adult fan no-no's such as, adults shouldn't bring gloves to games, actively seek autographs, or wear jerseys with their own name on the back. They seem like childish pursuits. The only reason I'd want an autograph is to meet the athlete and have a conversation with them. No offense, it's just my opinion.

I bring my glove to the game AND I wear my name on my back. In the day of free agency, I sure as hell ain't gonna buy a new $200 every three years. But that's just me.

I bring my glove to the game AND I wear my name on my back. In the day of free agency, I sure as hell ain't gonna buy a new $200 every three years. But that's just me.

That is why you pick them very carefully.

Wieters, Jones, Markakis, Matusz, Bergesen these are safer bets.

Not getting a Lee jersey. But I will get a t-shirt :)

Gotta disagree with this one. There's nothing like scrambling with a bunch of kids and teenagers for a baseball and coming up with the ball.:)

This is a no-no for all humans. I HATE custom jerseys.

Archived