Will Ferrell - 10 teams in 1 Day

TonySoprano

In a role filled with hopes and dreams, Will Ferrell will be at five different Spring Training ballparks in Arizona on Thursday as production begins on a new HBO special from "Funny Or Die," in partnership with Major League Baseball. Dedicating the special to the fight against cancer, Ferrell is also honoring the historic feat of Bert Campaneris five decades ago by playing every position on the field, and maybe some off the field, for 10 different teams on the same day.

Ferrell's historic day, which will be covered on social media using #FerrellTakesTheField, will be chronicled in the exclusive HBO special, which will air later this year and also feature MLB players, managers, coaches, executives and fans.

source - MLB.com

I thought this Ferrell thing was kinda funny/interesting, but not enough to warrant the approximately 133 notifications my MLB app sent me throughout the day to alert me every time Ferrell changed teams, was about to appear in the game, made a witty comment to the Padres bench coach, or felt like he was about to sneeze.

Transactions

March 12, 2015: Signed by the Oakland A's as an undrafted amateur free agent.

March 12, 2015: Traded to Seattle Mariners for Comedic Actor to be Named Later

March 12, 2015: Joined Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in unknown transaction.

March 12, 2015: Traded to Chicago Cubs for a washing machine.

March 12, 2015: Traded to Arizona Diamondbacks for a Churro Dog and D-Bat Dog.

March 12, 2015: Claimed off waivers by Cincinnati Reds, Norm MacDonald released.

March 12, 2015: Granted unconditional release by Cincinnati Reds.

March 12, 2015: Signed by Chicago White Sox as Free Agent.

March 12, 2015: Traded to San Francisco Giants for unknown compensation.

March 12, 2015: Traded to Los Angeles Dodgers for unknown compensation.

March 12, 2015: Traded to San Diego Padres for unknown compensation.

Archived