• 12 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 39 replies
    • 6.3k views
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views

• Pete Alonso OPS+ 123 Ryan O'Hearn OPS+ 122 Yes, it's not an apples to apples comparison because Alonso got 600 PA and O'Hearn got 450 and was mostly protected against his weaker side, but where's the massive upgrade?   Pete Alonso rWAR 2.6 Ryan Mountcastle rWAR 2.6 Again, I ask where's the upgrade?   The eagerness of people to kick solid players to the side, guys who have been part of a historic turnaround, to bring in guys from outside the org who aren't really better, and far more expensive, is ridiculous.    
    • JD Martinez would be a more of the same kind of acquisition. He is not an impact bat and he is a periphery (around the margins) piece at this point. Why not set the bar higher and sign Alonso? Acquiring Pete Alonso allows you to move on from Mountcastle and put Mayo (where he belongs right now) DH. It also allows you to move on from O'Hearn.  Alonso gets everyday ABs and Mayo does. Those two things to a large degree help solve the lineup imbalance against LHP. I know Alonso will cost real money. But again who are we paying? The money is there. It's time to start using it (if we want to win in October).
    • Your full quote said to use him as a DH for 100+ games. If you are worried about him being covered through his injuries - how can you assume he wouldn't be injured at the end of the season, going into the playoffs?
    • Here’s an exercise… it’s the postseason and the bases are loaded. The Santa scenario. Who on our current roster would you rather have up over JD Martinez?  Same fact pattern as Santander’s AB. 
    • I think the title of this thread told you his status