Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DD said on TV today that Mancini can help club this year and seemed to suggest Sedlock might as well. Seemed down on trading for pitching mentioning that the pickings were slim and there are 15 teams in the hunt for it.

Count me as a guy who stands pat or trades for a middle reliever to help spread out innings. There is just nothing out there worth overpaying for.

I'm not for giving Mancini up for Jeremy Hellickson of all people. He's been poor the last couple years prior to having a good stretch and he's a rental. You don't give up anything significant for him.

Prior to 2016 he had a 4.86 ERA in 3 years. A 1.358 WHIP. Prior to his last 2 starts, he had a 4.39 ERA in May and June. In NL.

You want to give up Mancini and Wright for that? Not me. I like Hellickson, but if he costs that much...move on.

Hellickson could help us get to the playoffs. Do nothing and we wont. So you want to start planning for a playoff run next year with Wright and Mancini? I don't, if our future depends on them then it's pretty grim.

Hellickson could help us get to the playoffs Do nothing and we wont. So you want to start planning a playoff run next year with Wright and Mancini? I don't, if our future depends on them them it's pretty grim.

Hellickson was avg when he was in the AL and he is a rental

Hellickson was avg when he was in the AL and he is a rental
Right but he has 10 QS so far. That's as many as Tillman. If he can keep doing that that's big. I want to get to the playoffs this year. I don't want to wait for 2019.

A lot of you are forgetting that our SP is so bad that a pitcher with a 4.50 ERA is a significant upgrade for our 2016 team.

This would not have been the case between 2012 and 2014, but our rotation could really use some "marginal" SP.

I would not trade Mancini for Hellickson, but I would probably part with any prospect not in our top 5 (Sisco, Harvey, Mancini, Mountcastle, Sedlock). For Shoemaker, I would not have a problem with parting with Mancini. Lot of team control years left on Shoemaker and his peripherals are pretty good. Jimmy Nelson from the Brewers is another guy I would not have a problem moving Mancini for and Duquette has a history of trading with the Brewers.

For either Nelson or Shoemaker, it would probably take a package of three prospects (Mancini, Peralta, and Heim possibly). I'm probably being too optimistic on what it would take to get Nelson.

4 wins 8 losses 4.45 ERA 1.32 WHIp Really!
So you want to trade away a top prospect for a declining pitcher. WHY?

Who cares about W-L record? Especially since he's on a terrible team.

And he isn't declining. He had a rough stretch to start the year and was sent to the minors and has been great since being recalled.

It would cost way more than Mancini to get him.

Right but he has 10 QS so far. That's as many as Tillman. If he can keep doing that that's big. I want to get to the playoffs this year. I don't want to wait for 2019.

Yes in the NL.. where all against the Braves.. LOL

A lot of you are forgetting that our SP is so bad that a pitcher with a 4.50 ERA is a significant upgrade for our 2016 team.

This would not have been the case between 2012 and 2014, but our rotation could really use some "marginal" SP.

I would not trade Mancini for Hellickson, but I would probably part with any prospect not in our top 5 (Sisco, Harvey, Mancini, Mountcastle, Sedlock). For Shoemaker, I would not have a problem with parting with Mancini. Lot of team control years left on Shoemaker and his peripherals are pretty good. Jimmy Nelson from the Brewers is another guy I would not have a problem moving Mancini for and Duquette has a history of trading with the Brewers.

For either Nelson or Shoemaker, it would probably take a package of three prospects (Mancini, Peralta, and Heim possibly). I'm probably being too optimistic on what it would take to get Nelson.

Shoemaker has sucked the last two seasons. We have several Shoemakers already. Tell me what his stats are against the AL East teams?

Who cares about W-L record? Especially since he's on a terrible team.

And he isn't declining. He had a rough stretch to start the year and was sent to the minors and has been great since being recalled.

It would cost way more than Mancini to get him.

You are hilarious ... So if he is so in demand.. why hasn't Boston, Texas or the Marlins traded for him? Plus he is a fly ball dominate pitcher.. Not gunna work at the C Yards!

Archived