Jimenez starts tonight.

Natty

I think a potential trade partner wants to see him throw. Maybe they are worried he is hiding an injury or something similar.

Hiding an injury? Heck, if the man had a hangnail I'd be sending him to Dr Andrews immediately. And if he sneezes it's the 60-day DL.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hiding an injury? Heck, if the man had a hangnail I'd be sending him to Dr Andrews immediately. And if he sneezes it's the 60-day DL.

Of course the Orioles would have loved an injury, but I meant that Ubaldo was trying to hide something, not the Orioles.

People keep bashing the Twins, but here are the runs scored their last 8 games:

5 R/G. By contrast the O's last 8:

3.3 R/G.

In July, the Twins have scored 125 runs. Slash line of .271/.336/.448 - .784 OPS. 5.7 R/G.

This is not going to be a walk in the park for Ubaldo. It wouldn't surprise me if he has another early exit.

I have to go from memory as it's been a while (and the memory is faulty at best), but something like:

"Oh bourbon, brownest of the brownest liquors. What, you want me to drink you? Here, in front of all these people?"

I had forgotten about that quote. The pic is from Marge filing charges against Mr. Burns, and Hutz says it will revive his law practice. He proceeds to pull out the bottle and offers the a belt of scotch. When Marge says it's still the morning, Hutz says he hasn't slept in days then finishes the bottle.

Fork It.

Its more than just the W-L.

Jimenez has had some bad games, I will be the first to agree.

But, he has pitched well at times, but with his salary, I get it, you expect better.

I just oppose to calling him the worst.

Just my opinion as an grumpy old man. HAHA

Of all pitchers in MLB with at least 60 IP, Jimenez has the worst ERA (7.38) and the worst WHIP (1.97). I think there's a very strong case for calling him the worst pitcher in MLB.

Not a ringing endorsement from Buck:

“I’m hoping that it’s a positive for him. Anything that is a little different look, something you haven’t normally done when you’re struggling sometimes can work positively. I don’t know. That’s why I want to make sure that we have coverage. It also gives some people an extra day that are in need of an extra day, I think. And he would have to pitch that game some out of the bullpen or start it. I’d rather put him in a familiar role as opposed to putting him in the bullpen.”

More or a less a "f it, hope this works...don't think it will...but mayyyyyyyybe".

Of all pitchers in MLB with at least 60 IP, Jimenez has the worst ERA (7.38) and the worst WHIP (1.97). I think there's a very strong case for calling him the worst pitcher in MLB.

But, but, but he was good five years ago! ;)

Coming off a two-game losing streak and with offense sputtering, it doesn't look good, but hey, the team has actually found a way to win 8 of his 17 starts.

Maybe this is Buck's way of waking up the bats. The hitters have to be thinking to themselves, we better bring it tonight, Ubaldo is on the mound.

Rather have him start against the twins before getting swept out of Toronto. They have their 3 best on the bump.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

There will be a sweep alright, but it will be us holding the broomstick and whooping it upside that knucklehead Joey Bathroom's head.

I'm hoping Ubaldo has a great outing. If he he gets shelled tonight we won't be able to trade him for a case of sunflower seeds.

Although I always want a win, I hope that Ubaldo gets absolutely hammered, to the extent that MAYBE, just MAYBE, it would convince DD and Buck that this guy needed to be DFAd a month ago and that he never pitches for us again.

Although I always want a win, I hope that Ubaldo gets absolutely hammered, to the extent that MAYBE, just MAYBE, it would convince DD and Buck that this guy needed to be DFAd a month ago and that he never pitches for us again.

I think the one you need to convince is the owner.

Archived