Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He did indeed say that only 2 starters are on the market now and that 15 teams want starting pitching. He mentioned that more pitchers will be on the market as the deadline draws nearer. He signaled that he is very willing to trade prospects to try to win a pennant.

Honestly, the organization has a lot of good catching prospects, and there is no room for Trey Mancini in Baltimore with Chris Davis on a long-term contract. If the O's can get a capable mid-rotation starter for Trey Mancini and a catcher other than Chance Sisco, I'm all for it.

The Orioles are one injury away from having a glaring hole at 1B. After this season Trumbo and Alvarez are gone and are freeing up ~$15m. Why not piece Mancini in as a DH and occasional fill-in for Davis at 1B?

I vote for none of the above. We are 15 games over at the break. That translates into 90+ wins with what we have. Keep our prospects, treasure the future.

This is exactly it. I do not want to trade away our limited resources for a marginal pitching improvement. Despite what the majority say, I want to stay the course. I have seen enough of DD's go for broke trade deals.

We just don't have what it takes to get the quality options and the less than stellar 2nd tier options would end up looking like the Parra and Feldman trades which have looked pretty dismal. I'd be open to trading pretty much anyone from the farm but I'm not trying to see Mancini for Rich Hill which is unfortunately a likely type of trade.

We just don't have what it takes to get the quality options and the less than stellar 2nd tier options would end up looking like the Parra and Feldman trades which have looked pretty dismal. I'd be open to trading pretty much anyone from the farm but I'm not trying to see Mancini for Rich Hill which is unfortunately a likely type of trade.

I wouldn't have minded the Feldman deal had we re-signed him. It has never made sense to me to trade for a guy you have no intention of retaining. If you don't go far in the playoffs it's a lose/lose situation.

If you don't who are you trading to get a SP you do trust? You want to keep Mancini.

I'm not for giving Mancini up for Jeremy Hellickson of all people. He's been poor the last couple years prior to having a good stretch and he's a rental. You don't give up anything significant for him.

Prior to 2016 he had a 4.86 ERA in 3 years. A 1.358 WHIP. Prior to his last 2 starts, he had a 4.39 ERA in May and June. In NL.

You want to give up Mancini and Wright for that? Not me. I like Hellickson, but if he costs that much...move on.

I'm not for giving Mancini up for Jeremy Hellickson of all people. He's been poor the last couple years prior to having a good stretch and he's a rental. You don't give up anything significant for him.

Prior to 2016 he had a 4.86 ERA in 3 years. A 1.358 WHIP. Prior to his last 2 starts, he had a 4.39 ERA in May and June. In NL.

You want to give up Mancini and Wright for that? Not me. I like Hellickson, but if he costs that much...move on.

That's the kind of deals I expect. I think we will do two of them.

I've said before that I wouldn't mind trading Mancini for Shoemaker. He won't be a FA until after our Machado, and Jones window is up.

He'd be the speed changing wrinkle the O's staff has needed for a while. Trade for him then sign R.A Dickey to a 1yr deal this offseason and we'd have a pretty good innings eating rotation.

Archived