Would you trade Adam Jones even up for these CF's?

Frobby

I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):  

202 members have voted

1. 1. I'd trade Adam Jones even up to get (multiple selections allowed):

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

PLUS, I was FOR the Chris Davis contract ........ 

I'll take Andy MacPhail and Dan Duquette over Patrick C. (OFFNY) any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. ))) :grouphug:

o

You like our guys.   I was against Bedard trade as well.   He was a number one starter I thought we should have gotten more.   If Bedard had stayed healthy it wouldn't have been so one sided.   

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump....Adam needs to get on a roll.    That usually sparks the team.   By the way, it’s been 17 games since he drew a walk, and he’s only drawn two on the season.   Even by his standards, that’s ridiculous.   

On the bright side, as of this morning Jones has had exactly 100 PA on the year, so that gives us a chance to check BB-Ref's calculations for walk rate!

His current walk rate of 2% is the lowest it's been ever in his 12+ year career.  Pretty disappointing.  His K rate (24%) is the highest it's been since 2007 when he was 21 years old.  Last year he was at about 18% so that's a pretty big increase.  Hopefully he turns it around soon.

11 minutes ago, Aglets said:

On the bright side, as of this morning Jones has had exactly 100 PA on the year, so that gives us a chance to check BB-Ref's calculations for walk rate!

His current walk rate of 2% is the lowest it's been ever in his 12+ year career.  Pretty disappointing.  His K rate (24%) is the highest it's been since 2007 when he was 21 years old.  Last year he was at about 18% so that's a pretty big increase.  Hopefully he turns it around soon.

Yeah, Adam has had plenty of streaks where he’s hit worse than this, but even then he wasn’t striking out this much.   I’m still pretty confident he’ll turn things around offensively, but the K’s are a bit concerning.   And defensively, his speed ain’t coming back.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, Adam has had plenty of streaks where he’s hit worse than this, but even then he wasn’t striking out this much.   I’m still pretty confident he’ll turn things around offensively, but the K’s are a bit concerning.   And defensively, his speed ain’t coming back.  

I wonder how many of those streaks were when he was playing dinged up?  As far as we know he's healthy right?

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder how many of those streaks were when he was playing dinged up?  As far as we know he's healthy right?

Watching him run to first ,he seems much slower. Hurt or all the bumps and bruises and playing hurt catching up.Renember when he used to run out ever grounder hard.Not so much anymore.

53 minutes ago, Aglets said:

It's actually quite embarrassing that his walk rate has gone down so much and it's going to hurt his chances of landing a decent contract this offseason from someone. His lack of performance is hurting the Orioles two fold. The team stinks offensively and his trade value is very low currently.

36 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It might have been pointed out in this thread somewhere but didn't he have a season where he didn't walk until the all-star break?

No, that never happened.  I do think he went more than a month without a walk one time.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's actually quite embarrassing that his walk rate has gone down so much and it's going to hurt his chances of landing a decent contract this offseason from someone. His lack of performance is hurting the Orioles two fold. The team stinks offensively and his trade value is very low currently.

Three-fold Tony, he's also hurting the team on defense.

Swinging at breaking balls in the dirt can definitely lower your walk rate. Just sayin'

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

No, that never happened.  I do think he went more than a month without a walk one time.

Archived