Is it time to bring back the cartoon bird logo?

ChaosLex

Is it time to bring back the cartoon bird logo?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time to bring back the cartoon bird logo?

• Yes, Yes, YES!!!
    • No, please GET OVER IT!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the cartoon bird, and definitely enjoy when they do the throwback uniforms every once in awhile, but I'm against bringing it back for any sort of permanent role. It was great while it lasted, but it would look completely out of context today. We're die hard fans and so it makes us nostalgic, reminding us of the good old days, but to the casual fan it would look ridiculous.

First it was getting Baltimore on the road Jerseys (which I'll admit I wanted and was glad to see happen), now it's bring back the cartoon bird. I wonder if we would even be worried about this if the team was winning? I'll also add that I like the cartoon bird, but I have no problem with the current one or the O's hat.

First it was getting Baltimore on the road Jerseys (which I'll admit I wanted and was glad to see happen), now it's bring back the cartoon bird. I wonder if we would even be worried about this if the team was winning? I'll also add that I like the cartoon bird, but I have no problem with the current one or the O's hat.

Next will be....we've never won anything at Camden Yards. Bring back Memorial Stadium!!!!

I posed this question to Roch as well. :)

Roch, I posted a poll on Orioles Hangout the other day, asking if it was time the O's went back to the cartoon bird hat. A vast majority of OH voters felt it was time.

Where do you stand on the issue? Would you like to see the return of the cartoon bird hat? Or do you think it's best to live in the present? Thanks in advance!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as it doesn't include the white panel on the front, I'm all for it. - Roch

I've always said this should be the uniform schedule:

Monday-Thursday/ Saturday- Reglular white/black uniforms with Baltimore on the away. Hats should have current logo with orange bill on both.

Friday- Same as we currently do it

Sunday-- Orange jerseys, white pants. Retro hats with cartoon bird. Would be an awesoem addition and spice things up a bit more.

This is exactly what they should do.

I've always said this should be the uniform schedule:

Monday-Thursday/ Saturday- Reglular white/black uniforms with Baltimore on the away. Hats should have current logo with orange bill on both.

Friday- Same as we currently do it

Sunday-- Orange jerseys, white pants. Retro hats with cartoon bird. Would be an awesoem addition and spice things up a bit more.

This is exactly what they should do.

I can get behind this as well.

Here's to hoping it does happen at some point. One thing that makes me think maybe it will be considered is the fact that the swinging cartoon bird is on the sleeveof the O's half zipper jackets that they wear in the dugout. It is there, so why not the hat?

Emphatically Yes...bring back the cartoon bird...this goes with a thread I started last month about the same issues. Wish I had gotten the response out of it that you did Chaos...guess it's because I'm still wet behind the ears with the fellow OHers:rolleyes:

Archived