Texas back in on vlad ...not happy with os offer

Guest Hayden2004

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://twitter.com/#!/Enrique_Rojas1

Enrique_Rojas1 Enrique Rojas/ESPN

by mlbtraderumors

Source: Vladimir Guerrero NOT excited for Orioles offer (about $2M). Rangers return to the race for dominican player.

Screw you Andy MacFail, I hope you don't get a contract extension and I hope you never find another job in baseball again you bum. :angryfire: :angryfire: :cussing: Screw you too Angelos, you cheap jerk.

$2m? That's it? Seriously? Bite me Angelos.

What I think is lost in posts like this, and others like this, is that this Vlad dance was a pleasant surprise, not something most people really expected. So, it seems people are getting upset at something I would have seen as a cherry on top of the off-season. Perhaps I'll be lambasted with "That's the problem, Os fans don't expect deals like this to get done," posts, but the fact is, we've had a VERY good off-season. I wouldn't be upset if we made no further moves.

That's just a frickin' joke. $2 million? It's an insult to a player of Vlad's caliber. If I were him, I wouldn't even call back.

Seriously, I think Andy MacPhail just lost a huge measure of my respect (I'm sure he'll recover).

Anyone who would fork over as much as he has for relievers like Gregg and Gonzo... who would then try to take advantage of the situation with Vlad in that way... just isn't seriously trying to win a division title... this year, next year, the year after, or at all.

What I think is lost in posts like this, and others like this, is that this Vlad dance was a pleasant surprise, not something most people really expected. So, it seems people are getting upset at something I would have seen as a cherry on top of the off-season. Perhaps I'll be lambasted with "That's the problem, Os fans don't expect deals like this to get done," posts, but the fact is, we've had a VERY good off-season. I wouldn't be upset if we made no further moves.

One could argue that it would be better to make no offer at all than one that is so significantly below market.

That is, if in fact this rumor is true. I find it hard to believe even Andy MacPhail would be so stingy. He usually seems to understand that there's a human aspect to negotiations, and you don't want to go burning bridges.

Archived