Vlad Press Conference 2PM Friday

weams

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Sosa came to BMore, he didn't really have anything alarming in his peripherals to make you think he was due a drop off.

In fact, Sosa was a little unlucky with a BABIP of 275, well below his career norm...his LD% was over 20%, so that was fine.

But really, just looking at raw numbers, there isn't much difference between Sosa then and Vladdy now

When Sosa came to BMore, he didn't really have anything alarming in his peripherals to make you think he was due a drop off.

In fact, Sosa was a little unlucky with a BABIP of 275, well below his career norm...his LD% was over 20%, so that was fine.

But really, just looking at raw numbers, there isn't much difference between Sosa then and Vladdy now

And I know you guys hate it when I go here.

Except the Steroids

Did you completely ignore my post on page 4?..."Raw numbers" don't tell anywhere close to the whole story with Sosa. There is evidence to suggest that Sosa went through some serious detox before coming to Baltimore...and the corked bat proved that he was trying to do anything to gain back the edge that he once had. Vlad is an entirely different scenario.

It looks like Scott has some competition for the gun show...and I don't mean firearms...

Vlad is a beast. He just looks like a power hitter.

I watched "Jones' " commercial the other day when it was posted. Had to watch it a second time and hit pause just to even see Adam. But it was a low shot, his arms folded across his chest. He has some serious guns too! Maybe not like Vlad or Luke but... Just sayin'...

Did you completely ignore my post on page 4?..."Raw numbers" don't tell anywhere close to the whole story with Sosa. There is evidence to suggest that Sosa went through some serious detox before coming to Baltimore...and the corked bat proved that he was trying to do anything to gain back the edge that he once had. Vlad is an entirely different scenario.

First of all, I didn't see your post.

Second of all, I wouldn't have cared anyway.

Since you quoted my post and since you are the "statman", you shoyld be able to figure out my point.

I was pointing out peripherals and numbers...And I said "just looking at raw numbers"....

JUST being the key word there.

First of all, I didn't see your post.

Second of all, I wouldn't have cared anyway.

Since you quoted my post and since you are the "statman", you shoyld be able to figure out my point.

I was pointing out peripherals and numbers...And I said "just looking at raw numbers"....

JUST being the key word there.

"Raw Numbers" also indicate that Barry Bonds got better with age...but I'm not naive enough to use that as a basis for an argument.

"Raw Numbers" also indicate that Barry Bonds got better with age...but I'm not naive enough to use that as a basis for an argument.
Raw numbers also show that Nick Markakis' average HR distance last season was greater than Bonds average HR distance during his steroid years, 2000-2007....:scratchchinhmm:

No..you seem to be naive enough all on your own.

However, I am not arguing, whatsoever, that Vlad and Sosa is the same.

Just making the comment that there were no signs of decline for Sosa, yet he declined.

Point being that just because Vlad had a decent year just last year, does not mean he can't fall in the tank this year.

No..you seem to be naive enough all on your own.

However, I am not arguing, whatsoever, that Vlad and Sosa is the same.

Just making the comment that there were no signs of decline for Sosa, yet he declined.

Point being that just because Vlad had a decent year just last year, does not mean he can't fall in the tank this year.

You're looking at the "raw numbers" of a STEROID USER, and using it as the basis for a "Vlad might decline" argument...and somehow, I'm naive?

This comes to mind:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0MRmxfLuNto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're looking at the "raw numbers" of a STEROID USER, and using it as the basis for a "Vlad might decline" argument...and somehow, I'm naive?

This comes to mind:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0MRmxfLuNto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hahahahahaha, oh wait, that little clip is just a tad bit played out on both here, and the internet in general.

Fail.

Which means what? That Markakis's 12 homers and Bonds' 70 homers averaged the same distance? Is this some convoluted logic to suggest that steroids didn't help Bonds hit more homers and longer homers?

His average HR distance for the entire sterroid period was something like 386'. That's not a particularly good indication of raw power. Nick was I believe 394 last year and Reynolds 405. McGwire was 418' in '98. Steroids helped Bonds average 9 HR a year more than Aaron for the same 7 year period at the end of their careers, but they didn't help him to hit the ball farther.

Archived