NEW YORK/ CONNECTICUT/ NEW JERSEY Oriole Fans

OFFNY

Hi folks,

Just found this thread and wanted to join in the fun. Lifelong O's fan since the glory years in the late 60's and have even played ball with Brooks in 1995 in the Field of Dreams.

First time 13 game purchaser for Sundays since my 2 daughters live in the DC area and share my love for the Birds.

Anybody live in central CT who likes to travel to the Bronx?

Also feel free to share advice on how to get best use of my tickets given the likelihood of hitting only a few

games myself. Trade in for larger blocks for viable games? Can I trade in yet?

Thanks!

Hey there.

I am right on the CT border (Brewster, Danbury.)

We can exchange private messages, and I will leave you my cell number.

In addition to games at Yankee Stadium, we also go to various minor league games of the AAA-Tides, the AA-Baysox, and the Advanced-Rookie League Baysox when they are in this neck of the woods.

In 2013, I met another poster (Jagwar) in New Britain to see the Rock Cats against the Baysox.

Feel free to P.M. me anytime. :)

Patrick (Oriole Fan From New York)

I'm glad this thread got bumped. I think I've posted twice in here, but have never made it to a game to meet anyone from the OH. Maybe I'll change that this year. :laughlol:

Mission accomplished (last September, at Yankee Stadium.) :)

Edited by OFFNY

Hi folks,

Just found this thread and wanted to join in the fun. Lifelong O's fan since the glory years in the late 60's and have even played ball with Brooks in 1995 in the Field of Dreams.

First time 13 game purchaser for Sundays since my 2 daughters live in the DC area and share my love for the Birds.

Anybody live in central CT who likes to travel to the Bronx?

Also feel free to share advice on how to get best use of my tickets given the likelihood of hitting only a few

games myself. Trade in for larger blocks for viable games? Can I trade in yet?

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! I'm in Bristol and became a 13-gamer this year as well. Heading down for OD! I'll be stopping by the box office that saturday to do my ticket exchanges as I need most of my tickets on Friday and Saturday nights. I kept a few of the marquis games to sell to help offset the cost of travel since I usually fly/hotel.

Bowie plays NBRC June 16-18th. The local guys should do a meet at one of the games!

• 3 weeks later...
o

The Orioles will be playing 2 games against the Mets in Queens:

MAY 5th: (7:10 P.M.)

MAY 6th: (7:10 P.M.)

Ooh. Will try to make those! I was on Amtrak day before yesterday heading north from Balto. to NY and there were Mets fans in my car returning from the Nats opener. I had my current O's batting helmet on and intoned "Tommy Agee!" as I walked past them. They laughed and said "Let's meet again in October!" That would be great.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was a beautiful night for baseball at Fenway, especially since I've sat through much worse in April, up until the ejection of the pitcher tossing a no no. Even the Red Sox fans were flabbergasted at receiving such a blatant gift. I won't even talk about Hunter in the ninth, but I will always wonder why we don't intentionally walk the next batter when first base is open in the bottom of the ninth in a tie game???

I'm definitely going to one of them.

I hope that both teams are still in 1st place in their respective divisions when they meet for this 2-game series.

Two in Queens followed by four in the Bronx! Will definitely try for one of the Mets games (as it happens less often) and maybe one of the Yanks games that week.

• 2 weeks later...
o

The Orioles will be playing 2 games against the Mets in Queens:

MAY 5th: (7:10 P.M.)

MAY 6th: (7:10 P.M.)

Ooh. Will try to make those! I was on Amtrak day before yesterday heading north from Balto. to NY and there were Mets fans in my car returning from the Nats opener. I had my current O's batting helmet on and intoned "Tommy Agee!" as I walked past them. They laughed and said "Let's meet again in October!" That would be great.
I'm definitely going to one of them.

I hope that both teams are still in 1st place in their respective divisions when they meet for this 2-game series.

I'm in, on May 5th.

Section 534 OO Row 1

o

I'm in, on May 5th.

Section 534 OO Row 1

I doesn't happen very often, but I am going to be rooting against somebody named "Colon" while I'm at the stadium.

It happened once before in April of 2011, when I was at Yankee Stadium to see the Orioles play the Yankees. After we knocked Phil Hughes around for 5 runs in 4.33 innings, Colon came out of the bullpen to throw 3 shutout innings to keep the Yankees in the game (which they won in extra innings.)

I'm in, on May 5th.

Section 534 OO Row 1

I'm visiting my mother in upstate NY and scheduled to drive home Tuesday afternoon and evening. I could stop for the Mets game but that would make for a very late arrival back home Tuesday night and I have to be up for work at about 6am Wednesday. What is the egress from Citi Field like? About how long will it be from the final out before I am on the Jersey Turnpike?

Does anyone know who the starting pitchers for the two Mets games are? Don't know if I can make both games and also my GF wd like to see Chen pitch. Thanks.

Bud and Ubaldo (the most experienced batters among our starters). Chen goes tomorrow in TB, and probably on Saturday in the Bronx.