NEW YORK/ CONNECTICUT/ NEW JERSEY Oriole Fans

OFFNY

I'm really sorry, guys. :(

It must have sucked to leave the stadium after the final inning tonight.

You're the troopers that held down the Oriole fort in hostile territory in a losing cause tonight.

We need you especially during the tough times, like right about now. :thumbsup1:

Well, I can't go tomorrow, so maybe we'll win :rolleyestf:.

Saw the Iron Birds tonight, got a good look at Vader who was on the hill. Was throwing 91-92, curveball seemed to be 78-79. He gave up one run, which I think was unearned. Veloz was at 3B, he's got a large trunk, solid size all around, seemed to move well and made some nice throws to 1B against a team that has a lot of speed. Mancini is a huge dude, had two long flyball outs, one for a sac fly. The star of the game to me was Yastrzemski, who was a HR short of the cycle and went 3-4. I don't know if they think he's going to be a ball player, but he certainly looked like a guy who at least had a plan at the plate. Was a fun time, good guys won 3-1.

Saw the Iron Birds tonight, got a good look at Vader who was on the hill. Was throwing 91-92, curveball seemed to be 78-79. He gave up one run, which I think was unearned. Veloz was at 3B, he's got a large trunk, solid size all around, seemed to move well and made some nice throws to 1B against a team that has a lot of speed. Mancini is a huge dude, had two long flyball outs, one for a sac fly. The star of the game to me was Yastrzemski, who was a HR short of the cycle and went 3-4. I don't know if they think he's going to be a ball player, but he certainly looked like a guy who at least had a plan at the plate. Was a fun time, good guys won 3-1.

Thanks, Malike. :)

• 1 month later...

THANK YOU to each and every Oriole fan (OH Oriole fans PLUS all of the rest that wore orange and black) that braved these 3 games at Yankee Stadium.

Today must have particularly sucked for most of the contest, when we had already lost the first 2 games, and were getting shutout again until the 7th inning.

Then suddenly, presto ....... somewhat similar to the game last year's game at Yankee Stadium (a game in which I attended) when we were down 5-0 early and stormed right back to score 7 runs in one inning, we did it again. 7 runs in one inning, and what looked like a likely defeat turned into a sure victory.

Yes, we got our asses kicked in 2 out of 3 games overall, but salvaging this final game was (in my rat's ass of an opinion) very important for BOTH the team in terms of the standings AND the morale of the loyal Oriole fans that were in attendance.

Patrick (Oriole Fan From New York) :)

• 5 months later...

They have 5 dollar seats for the series finale against the Yankees on Wednesday, April 9th at 7pm. Likely will go for that cheap. O's also play a day game in NY on my birthday this year (6/21) but since I'm seeing Billy Joel that night at MSG I am passing on the game so my fiancee and I have more than enough time for a nice birthday dinner before. Will probably go to the Friday night game instead. The Sunday game is Old Timer's Day which for the Yankees is every game (rim shot).

This will be my first full season in New York. It'd be cool to meet some of you guys at an Orioles game in the Bronx or an IronBirds game on Coney Island.

Welcome. :)

We're a growing group.

In the last year, we picked up McNulty and RVAbird as free agents, and we didn't even have to give up any draft picks to Maryland/Northern VA/Washington, D.C. :cool: