We're waiting on ARod

bigbird

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was just told that we're waiting on the ARod situation to fall into place before we deal Miggy. Several of the teams who have interest in ARod also have interest in Tejada if they fail. Was also told the Mets love for Hernandez is all but gone (must have beena Duq thing) and the Cubs are cooling on Miggy a little.

I would like to see us ship Hernandez to Milwaukee. They want to upgrade over Estrada and they are only one or two players away from making the playoffs.

A-Rod won't sign until at least January.

I wonder if the Cubs haven't cooled on Tejada, but rather on our asking price?

Why do people think this?

Wouldn't Boras want to claim his chunk of someone's payroll early, before it's committed to other players? Plus, I would think that the 'winner' would want the rest of the offseason to make deals and dump payroll.

Geez

Calm down buddy..its just the GM meetings. It still early in the offseason.

True.

I posted it in some thread yesterday, but in all of MLB there have only been 27 trades the last four Novembers combined. The vast majority of them late in the month.

Where's that guy who always types "Hang on for the ride?"

Wouldn't Boras want to claim his chunk of someone's payroll early, before it's committed to other players? Plus, I would think that the 'winner' would want the rest of the offseason to make deals and dump payroll.

Boras has nearly always engaged in protracted negotiations. I'll gladly make one of those signature bet deals with someone who thinks ARod will be under contract before the Winter Meetings next month.

So now the whole baseball world stops and breathlessly waits while Borass and AHole decide what team they're going to screw this time...???

I find it difficult to believe that the owners, or Selig, would let this go on very long......although I don't know what, if anything, they can do about it. Hopefully they'll come to the "collusion" that AHole isn't worth $300M, or whatever Borass is asking, and just move on.

I'd be very very surprised if ARod signs anywhere by the New Year. Boras loves to draw things out, and I'm sure at some point he'll try to convince the teams going after ARod to up their offer or he's signing with a mysterious small market team like the Royals.

I'll side with Rockbird on this one. Seems like one day we hear, this is gonna happen, that is gonna happen, and this is gonna happen. Next day we hear, "Well, maybe not". I don't say "Kill the messenger!", by any means, but the offseason informatioin center is a bit of a roller coaster, and the ride usually turns out to be a lot shorter than originally thought. :)

Thats cool. Time will tell.

Archived