Buster Olney convinced Bucs will take Hultzen

So if the big 3 are gone, does anyone think we'll take Bundy over the other college arms?
Folks are saying he could be in the majors by 2013, that's the same timetable as the college arms.

Personally, I'm taking Starling, Gray and maybe Bradley/Jungmann over Bundy unless we legitimately think he's a Porcello-type of a prospect.

The O's probably do have a hard-on for him though, given their relationship with the family. It also seems like he might have a hard-on for us (probably for the same reason) if he's floating ridiculous numbers trying to get other teams not to pick him.

[Edit: Either way, I highly doubt he's here in 2013 unless he's a true phenom (which would be cool).]

Folks are saying he could be in the majors by 2013, that's the same timetable as the college arms.

I'm very leery of Bundy at 1:4. He's faced very inferior competition in his HS area, and I could see it taking a while for him to adjust to better hitters if at all. I'd much rather take the college arm, but then again, what do I know.

His brother also faced significantly worse competition in high school.

Significantly may be a slight overstatement -- don't know for sure. In the end, we're still talking Oklahoma baseball with the exception of a little bit of traveling Owasso did.

Assuming Cole, Rendon, and Hultzen go top 3, I'm kinda torn between Bundy and Starling. Having an electric arm like Bundy in the pipeline would be great, especially if he's as advanced as people say he is. But on the otherhand, Starling sounds like the next Jason Heyward and adding a possition talent like that to the system seems equally enticing. Would love to hear which way others are leaning if it were between these two.

Archived