I get so antsy on the day after an off day

Frobby

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles have fans as far west as Colorado, as for north as Canada, and as far south as ........ as South Baltimore. We're America's team !!! :laughlol:

I migrated, but am still a Maryland native. There are a surprising number of Bird Fans out here, as I got to meet a bunch the last time the O's played here in Denver. America's team indeed!

-Don

I migrated, but am still a Maryland native. There are a surprising number of Bird Fans out here, as I got to meet a bunch the last time the O's played here in Denver. America's team indeed!

-Don

Thanks, Don. I wonder how many "out-of-town" Oriole fans jumped on board in the glory days when they were toddlers (as did I). To me, there's nothing cooler than being an Oriole fan when you aren't from the Maryland/Northern, VA/Washington, D.C area. It would really suck if I had picked the Yankees as my favorite team, like most of the others that live near me did.

Not only is OUR game not until 7:05 PM tonight ...... but, ALL baseball games are not until (at least) 7:05 PM tonight. There is not one single day game today in the majors ...... and by the time that the Orioles-Blue Jays contest kicks off, it will have been more than 48 hours since we have seen Oriole baseball. :slytf:

Not only is OUR game not until 7:05 PM tonight ...... but, ALL baseball games are not until (at least) 7:05 PM tonight. There is not one single day game today in the majors ...... and by the time that the Orioles-Blue Jays contest kicks off, it will have been more than 48 hours since we have seen Oriole baseball. :slytf:

How do you define Oriole baseball?

Actually, we last saw a closer in Mr. Gregg, a nice setup in Kojisan (with a K of Ichiro), a win for JJ and a good first start by Matusz (irregardless of what Wild Thing Mitch spews). Offensively, JJ and AJ brought the lumber. Hopefully, the pride of Santa Clarita, CA and Weatherford, TX demonstrates another solid outing today with no dingers for JB.

How do you define Oriole baseball ?

Actually, we last saw a closer in Mr. Gregg, a nice setup in Kojisan (with a K of Ichiro), a win for JJ and a good first start by Matusz (irregardless of what Wild Thing Mitch spews). Offensively, JJ and AJ brought the lumber. Hopefully, the pride of Santa Clarita, CA and Weatherford, TX demonstrates another solid outing today with no dingers for JB.

Oriole Baseball ....... da, na na na na ....... It's father and son having fun together, doo doo doo doo doo, it's you and your number one, underneath the lights or in the sun, having fun together ......... More than wins ... more than losses ... more than just a game on Oriole baseball ... It's everyone having fun, being one, together. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball ......... :)

Oriole Baseball ....... da, na na na na ....... It's father and son having fun together, doo doo doo doo doo, it's you and your number one, underneath the lights or in the sun, having fun together ......... More than wins ... more than losses ... more than just a game on Oriole baseball ... It's everyone having fun, being one, together. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball. Oriole baseball ......... :)

Perhaps - or is it Buck yeah! Watch out AL EAST, here come the snakes hiding in the grass!

Well, it's more than wins, that's for sure. Too much more.

Well, it's more than wins, that's for sure. Too much more.

Yeah. The first time I heard that song was in 1976, when me and my older brother were both thrilled that we actually got the Baltimore radio station that broadcasts Oriole games all the way up here in Brewster, NY. He was/is a Yankee fan, and he was laughing his ass off and teasing me about that song, particularly because the Yankees' theme song was so well-known and distinguished.

Anyway, we went 88-74 that year, which was considered a BAD SEASON by Oriole standards at that time. My, have things changed. :(

I have to say it - I hate off days. And as hard as it is to get through that day without going stir crazy, by the time the next afternoon rolls around (i.e., right now), I almost can't stand it any more.

Baseball is my drug, and I need my fix. NOW.

P.S. -- Don't even talk to me about the offseason.

I agree with you. I find myself channel surfing mindlessly, all night long on days off, trying to keep the anxiety at bay. It certainly bites the big one. :(

Sounds like the end of this month just might put you (us) over the edge. Off the 23rd, then 3 games and then another day off again on the 27th. :eektf:

Archived