I get so antsy on the day after an off day

Frobby

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Ugh. As a fan, I would like nothing better than for the Orioles to play tonight, win a game, and get some of the bad taste out of my mouth from the 3-game disaster against the Yankees. But as a team, the Orioles very well may need this day off to recuperate, particularly Matt Wieters, who has caught all 58 innings of the 6 games that we just played on 6 consecutive days.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2012-schedule-scores.shtml

OK, now I'm antsy. But I have a dinner with my extended family tonight, so I doubt I will see any of the game except the final inning or two if I'm lucky. Considering that the O's went 3-0 while I was away last weekend, and have been 0-3 since I returned, maybe it's good luck that I won't be watching.

Ugh. As a fan, I would like nothing better than for the Orioles to play tonight, win a game, and get some of the bad taste out of my mouth from the 3-game disaster against the Yankees. But as a team, the Orioles very well may need this day off to recuperate, particularly Matt Wieters, who has caught all 58 innings of the 6 games that we just played on 6 consecutive days.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2012-schedule-scores.shtml

Not me. I needed a day off after that series and so did the Orioles. Let them lick their wounds and hopefully come out and do better against Toronto, even though the Blue Jays seem to own the Orioles worse than the Yankees, especially at home.

Anyone hearing chatter from former O's fans turned Nats fans? Like pouring salt in the wound.

Annoying.

Nope. If they are trying to be like that, screw 'em.

I am excited for the Nats this year...I don't understand the mutually assured destruction that the Nats and O's fans supposedly feel for each other.

Nope. If they are trying to be like that, screw 'em.

I am excited for the Nats this year...I don't understand the mutually assured destruction that the Nats and O's fans supposedly feel for each other.

Yeah, I'd watch a few Nats games myself but NL baseball is just so damned boring.

Archived