I get so antsy on the day after an off day

Frobby

Actually yesterday's off day didn't bother me. Usually an off day drives me bonkers. But with a job interview, I had quite enough drama thankyouverymuch. :P

A job interview ??? Dude, we're talking about the Orioles here. And you're chiming in with trivial nonsense like job interviews, putting food on the table, and paying bills ??? Jeez. Get your priorities straight, guy.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you. I find myself channel surfing mindlessly, all night long on days off, trying to keep the anxiety at bay. It certainly bites the big one. :(

Sounds like the end of this month just might put you (us) over the edge. Off the 23rd, then 3 games and then another day off again on the 27th. :eektf:

Yeah, and don't even talk to me about the All-Star Break.

It's 8:30 in the morning. Only 10.5 hours to go....

I'm trying to decide which is worse for me, a day off after a win (especially a couple of wins in a row), or a day off after a loss (especially a couple of losses in a row). When your team has momentum, you hate to see anything come along to break it. On the other hand, it's tough to stew over a loss for an extra day.

The draft was a nice distraction this week, but now it's Friday and I am ready to spend a weekend watching some baseball, including one game I will be attending in person, my idea of heaven.

Frobby, I know of a person who posts here, that just might have the remedy to help you with your off day anxiety issues. :D NOT!!! Nothing like wishing our lives away until the O's take the field again.

I'll be attending two games this weekend...Sat. and Sun. :2yay-thumb: :smile11:

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say it - I hate off days. And as hard as it is to get through that day without going stir crazy, by the time the next afternoon rolls around (i.e., right now), I almost can't stand it any more.

Baseball is my drug, and I need my fix. NOW.

P.S. -- Don't even talk to me about the offseason.

Today is the worst kind of day off. Not only are the Orioles off, but so are both the Yankees and the Red Sox, so I can't even passionately root against a team, which is the next best thing to passionately rooting for our beloved Orioles.

Today is the worst kind of day off. Not only are the Orioles off, but so are both the Yankees and the Red Sox, so I can't even passionately root against a team, which is the next best thing to passionately rooting for our beloved Orioles.

Well...this is the last one before the All-Star Break, so cherish it.

• 1 month later...
Bump....even now, with the debacle of the last 6-7 weeks, I'm itching to have a game to see tonight. Sick, isn't it?

We're all an odd bunch. Still watching (most) every game, on here talking about it, in the game thread talking about every pitch. :P

Bump....even now, with the debacle of the last 6-7 weeks, I'm itching to have a game to see tonight. Sick, isn't it ?

Not at all. Well, maybe a little. :laughlol: I'm expecting a win tonight. :thumbsup1: Then again, I expect an Oriole win every night. :rolleyes:

I have to say it - I hate off days. And as hard as it is to get through that day without going stir crazy, by the time the next afternoon rolls around (i.e., right now), I almost can't stand it any more.

Baseball is my drug, and I need my fix. NOW.

P.S. -- Don't even talk to me about the offseason.

I have a lot of respect for you and other similarly-minded folks on this thread. Honestly, when August rolls around and the O's are out of it, I turn my attention elsewhere. This happens easier each year, sadly, as the O's have been remarkably consistent.

Archived