New Plus Article - "Making a Statement - The Progression of Bobby Bundy" by Adam Vencill

I posted this in the minors board, but I also thought I'd share this here as Bobby Bundy talks a good bit about his younger brother Dylan and what life would be like if he is an Oriole with the draft just hours away.

Plus members, click here:

http://www.orioleshangout.com/plus/article.aspx?id=3153

Not a Plus member? Become one by signing up here:

http://orioleshangout.com/page/hangout-plus

Well done! Nice story and it would be interesting if Dylan is drafted by the Orioles and makes it to the mlb with Bobby similar to the Ripken brothers. How many brothers playing on the same team would that make in the history of baseball and how many with the same team?

It appears the work ethic is special with the Bundy's and with Bauer. The Orioles need hitting so bad it's hard to go for pitching again but.....?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don’t think it was weird at all.  EDC said it but I thought it unfolded as expected.  You knew the QBs would go. You knew tons of OT and WR would go.   This was always going to be an offense dominated first round. The Oline and WR depth is in every round. I suspect that they go Oline twice or Oline/WR tonight.  Obviously you never know how the board falls but I think that’s what is likely.   This is mainly going to be an offense draft. EDC said a few weeks ago that they will draft a RB.  My guess is that the RB goes sometime in day 3. They will come out of this draft with at least 2 more Olineman, one WR and one RB.  I suspect they take a safety at some point as well. The question will be do they take 9 players.  The Ravens didn’t feel this was a draft with as many draftable players as years past, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they make some kind of a trade. 
    • 1:2 is good.  Elite is a player like Arraez who is 1+:1.  
    • https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40027950/ravens-pick-nate-wiggins-nfl-draft-dabo-swinney-text  
    • Was reading Wiggins write up on ESPN. He appears to be more of a home run threat than Koolaid. He had a pick 6 each of the last 2 years.  
    • Starting point has changed.  Given the fact he has approx 1/7th of his season in the books at 1.139, to OPS just .780 for the season, he'd have to drop off to under .730 the rest of the way.  That sort of drop off wouldn't be acceptable to me. I'd like him to OPS .800 the rest of the way for roughly .850 for the season.  The more they use him in a platoon role, the better I think that number might be.
    • Can I ask how you timed it vs the DVR?  Did you use a stopwatch or count click with pause/FF, or something else?
    • I can’t fathom why anyone would want a Tanner Scott return. In 10 innings, he is 0-4 with a 1.78 whip. He was maddening before, and now he’s older. But I wonder if the Red Sox would part with Justin Slaten? He’s been pretty outstanding. Yeah, only 8 innings, but we hired Yohan Ramirez, and he’s been a catastrophe in 10. Yes, I know he’s a rule 5, and the Bosox are in the East. And their pitching is pretty thin, too. But they know they aren’t going anywhere in this division, and they might think getting a good return for a Free Rule 5 guy might be worthwhile.
  • Popular Contributors