Is MacPhail Coming Back After the Season, and Do You Want Him To?

Greg Pappas

Is MacPhail Coming Back After the Season, and Do You Want Him To?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Is MacPhail Coming Back After the Season, and Do You Want Him To?

• Yes, he’ll return, and Yes, I want him back.
    • Yes, he’ll return, and No, I don’t want him back.
    • No, he won’t return, and Yes, I want him back.
    • No, he won’t return, and No, I don't want him back.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did Wildcard hack your account?

You really think this organization is middle of the pack in terms of competence and intelligence?

You think there are 15ish teams WORSE than the Orioles in that area?

I think the Orioles are in the middle tier of organizations, in the 10-20 range.

I also think you've mistaken results for process. The process, while still flawed, is ok.

I think the Orioles are in the middle tier of organizations, in the 10-20 range.

I also think you've mistaken results for process. The process, while still flawed, is ok.

An OK process in the best division in the sport, when you already way behind the other 4 teams to begin with, doesn't equal a top 20 organization to me in terms of competence.

They are not even close to doing what it takes to contend in this division.

I think you are confusing improvement with process and results while forgetting who we are competing against.

Also, an organization with PA as the owner can not have that many teams under them in terms of a competence rating.

An OK process in the best division in the sport, when you already way behind the other 4 teams to begin with, doesn't equal a top 20 organization to me in terms of competence.

They are not even close to doing what it takes to contend in this division.

I think you are confusing improvement with process and results while forgetting who we are competing against.

Also, an organization with PA as the owner can not have that many teams under them in terms of a competence rating.

I never said the O's were an above average organization in the AL East. They might be 15th in MLB, but 5th in the AL East.

Oh, and...I'm not sure why anyone would think Cashman would come here. That'd be like going from driving a Ferrari to hoping your Pinto makes it down the block.

Don't you think Micheal Schumacher occasionally goes to SCCA races in Tulsa in a 1988 Ford Probe just to show everybody it's not all about the car?

I never said the O's were an above average organization in the AL East. They might be 15th in MLB, but 5th in the AL East.

Ok well, I guess we just define this differently.

I don't see how the Orioles can even be in the top 25, much less top 15.

Oh, and...I'm not sure why anyone would think Cashman would come here. That'd be like going from driving a Ferrari to hoping your Pinto makes it down the block.

Simple...To build a winner from the scrap heap and to show he can do it without a 200 million dollar payroll.

Of course, PA is in the way....If we had a real owner, GMs would probably be lining up to come here..as they should.

How about in terms of building the farm system back up. I mean, it was awful when he took over. It's not an easy and quick process. There are things that I wish he had done more of, but AM is miles better than anyone we've had since Gillick.

Wren was better than MacPhail, but PGA was too ticked off about the Ripken incident to realize it.

Wren made some minor deals at the time that paid huge dividends later.

Of course he's coming back, unless the commissioners job is waiting for him, MacPhail and PA are two peas in a pod. He's works within the PA confines better than any GM so thinking a big spending GM would be the answer is silly.

Of course he's coming back, unless the commissioners job is waiting for him, MacPhail and PA are two peas in a pod. He's works within the PA confines better than any GM so thinking a big spending GM would be the answer is silly.

MacPhail left without having a job lined up before when he left the Cubs. He can do so again...

Archived