The Sean Singletary Farewell Tour has Begun!

YardBirds13

I'm looking forward to watching Singletary tonight and not having to root against him as I normally do. If Virginia doesn't beat Penn by 35-40, something went horribly wrong.

Remy Cofield is a beast!! He's very raw, but is very athletic and is a huge matchup problem.

I don't think Cohen (#4) is athletic enough to stay with Singletary, but I think Harrison Gaines has done an admirable job sticking with him.

The difference in the game is 3-point shooting and rebounds... Our best 3-point shooter is Bernardini but he always seems to get in foul trouble. I am very happy with the contribution of our freshmen considering I got to meet and interview them for a basketball preview.

Only down 15 at half, I'm hoping we cut it to single digits.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Penn's just not big or athletic enough to stay with UVA, but I think we could pull an upset and win a NCAA tournament game in 3 years if we get a couple good more recruiting classes.

Sean Singletary is great on the drive, BTW. He was more effective passing the ball than scoring tonight, and he still scored a quiet 18. Would've been more but they pulled him out once they were ahead by 20.

Penn's just not big or athletic enough to stay with UVA, but I think we could pull an upset and win a NCAA tournament game in 3 years if we get a couple good more recruiting classes.

The way you worded that, it seems like one of the biggest if's I've ever heard. Although to be fair, Penn has looked much better in its past two games and from what I've been hearing/seeing from the rest of the Ivy League competition, it doesn't seem to me that a tournament berth is out of the question for this year.

Sean Singletary is great on the drive, BTW. He was more effective passing the ball than scoring tonight, and he still scored a quiet 18. Would've been more but they pulled him out once they were ahead by 20.

Singletary looked like he was trying to do too much early on, and Leiato pulled him out a lot in the first half trying to get him to calm down. As you said, Gaines did a nice job on him...Cohen was definitely overmatched. Diane looked good and that kid Joseph looked really good. Singletary looked fine at times, but I definitely think he was too amped up about playing in Philly again.

UVA didn't win by 40, but they were the first team to hang 100 on Penn at the Palesta since the 1989-90 season, so I won't say that something "went horribly wrong." Unless that something was the defense that gave up 85 ;)

I'm sure SS was pretty jacked to be playing at home again, and although I wasn't at the game (I was watching Baron Davis carve up the Wiz from club level seats at Verizon and then at dinner), great to see Joseph have a big game. When he is hitting jump shots we can beat anyone in the country.

Yes, that includes the almighty Heels bean. (Who rolled a good ODU team last night)

And SG, uhh, this is a dedication thread to an almighty god, let's leave FSU beating Florida for another thread, eh champ? :D

I'm sure SS was pretty jacked to be playing at home again, and although I wasn't at the game (I was watching Baron Davis carve up the Wiz from club level seats at Verizon and then at dinner), great to see Joseph have a big game. When he is hitting jump shots we can beat anyone in the country.

Yes, that includes the almighty Heels bean. (Who rolled a good ODU team last night)

And SG, uhh, this is a dedication thread to an almighty god, let's leave FSU beating Florida for another thread, eh champ? :D

Until you guys beat Michael Beasley and the #20 Kansas State, you guys are the second best team in the state :D . Go Patriots!

Until you guys beat Michael Beasley and the #20 Kansas State, you guys are the second best team in the state :D . Go Patriots!

Ha yea, beating then #17 Arizona in their own gym is way less impressive...

But in all seriousness, I really like Mason's team this year. I think they are definitely a NCAA team, whether or not they win the CAA.

I know the CAA pretty well, I go to JMU so I follow it almost as close as I do the ACC.

Ha yea, beating then #17 Arizona in their own gym is way less impressive...

But in all seriousness, I really like Mason's team this year. I think they are definitely a NCAA team, whether or not they win the CAA.

I know the CAA pretty well, I go to JMU so I follow it almost as close as I do the ACC.

Sweet. I graduated there (JMU) and am doing my master's at GMU. I saw where the Dukes scored 100 in their first game, but then lost to VMI. What kind of team will they have this year?

Sweet. I graduated there (JMU) and am doing my master's at GMU. I saw where the Dukes scored 100 in their first game, but then lost to VMI. What kind of team will they have this year?

JMU was picked to finish 7th in the CAA this season, a vast improvement on where they have been (11th or 12th) the last few years.

They beat a very good Siena team in their opener, and did score 100 (First time since 1998 I believe) Siena then went out and took Syracuse to the wire and beat Stanford.

We have other victories over Dartmouth and Mt. St. Mary's, with our loss being a road loss at VMI, certainly one we will be kicking ourselves about.

I expect the Dukes to finish in the middle of the pack in the CAA anywhere from 5th to 8th. In my opinion, Mason, Drexel, VCU and Old Dominion are the best 4 teams in the league. After that it's a jumble of Hofstra,

UNC-Wilmington, and JMU.

We really have a solid team, just no superstar (which you need in the CAA ala Will Thomas, Frank Elegar, or Eric Maynor). Our only Senior starter is Terrance Carter, the team captain, who is off to a great start, averaging nearly a double double. Juwann James is another forward who loves to live down low, and he was pre-season first team All-CAA.

Our backcourt features a transfer from St. Joe's Abdulai Jalloh. Pretty highly regarded, had some big games at St. Joe's before transferring. We have a sophomore point guard named Pierre Curtis, who improves every game. He was on the CAA All-Freshman team last year, and is a really solid PG.

On the wing we have a couple of gunners in Kyle Swanston and Joe Posey. Both are hot or cold from the outside, but when they are on, look out. Swanston hit 5 three's in the Siena win.

We also have some big men down low off the bench. Gabe Chami is a senior off the bench who gives you minutes and fouls, but not a ton else. An intriguing guy is Dazz Thornton, a transfer from Texas Tech. He is only about 6'9'', but he is a monster, built alot like Big Baby Davis was at LSU. Very raw, but certainly talented.

We also have a good looking young freshman back-up PG named Heiden Ratner who is a shut-down perimiter defender and a solid back-up at the point.

Just nice to see JMU actually have a competitive team. This is my Senior year and I've yet to see them really even be involved in the CAA, hopefully this year changes that. I'll see alot of them, as I'm working with the Sports Information department next semester as part of my practicum in Sports Broadcasting.

JMU was picked to finish 7th in the CAA this season, a vast improvement on where they have been (11th or 12th) the last few years.

They beat a very good Siena team in their opener, and did score 100 (First time since 1998 I believe) Siena then went out and took Syracuse to the wire and beat Stanford.

We have other victories over Dartmouth and Mt. St. Mary's, with our loss being a road loss at VMI, certainly one we will be kicking ourselves about.

I expect the Dukes to finish in the middle of the pack in the CAA anywhere from 5th to 8th. In my opinion, Mason, Drexel, VCU and Old Dominion are the best 4 teams in the league. After that it's a jumble of Hofstra,

UNC-Wilmington, and JMU.

We really have a solid team, just no superstar (which you need in the CAA ala Will Thomas, Frank Elegar, or Eric Maynor). Our only Senior starter is Terrance Carter, the team captain, who is off to a great start, averaging nearly a double double. Juwann James is another forward who loves to live down low, and he was pre-season first team All-CAA.

Our backcourt features a transfer from St. Joe's Abdulai Jalloh. Pretty highly regarded, had some big games at St. Joe's before transferring. We have a sophomore point guard named Pierre Curtis, who improves every game. He was on the CAA All-Freshman team last year, and is a really solid PG.

On the wing we have a couple of gunners in Kyle Swanston and Joe Posey. Both are hot or cold from the outside, but when they are on, look out. Swanston hit 5 three's in the Siena win.

We also have some big men down low off the bench. Gabe Chami is a senior off the bench who gives you minutes and fouls, but not a ton else. An intriguing guy is Dazz Thornton, a transfer from Texas Tech. He is only about 6'9'', but he is a monster, built alot like Big Baby Davis was at LSU. Very raw, but certainly talented.

We also have a good looking young freshman back-up PG named Heiden Ratner who is a shut-down perimiter defender and a solid back-up at the point.

Just nice to see JMU actually have a competitive team. This is my Senior year and I've yet to see them really even be involved in the CAA, hopefully this year changes that. I'll see alot of them, as I'm working with the Sports Information department next semester as part of my practicum in Sports Broadcasting.

Keener appears to finally be building something there, but I think this is his last chance. That's a pretty proud program with a lot of tradition, and they don't take losing well. They fired their own guy (Dillard) a few years ago.

Archived