The Sean Singletary Farewell Tour has Begun!

YardBirds13

Keener appears to finally be building something there, but I think this is his last chance. That's a pretty proud program with a lot of tradition, and they don't take losing well. They fired their own guy (Dillard) a few years ago.

Yup, the general consensus down here is that Keener needs a good season to stick around.

I think if we are .500 in the conference and competitive with some of the upper-echelon teams he'll get to keep his job.

I think we will be pretty good this year, so I think he'll be around next year.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yup, the general consensus down here is that Keener needs a good season to stick around.

I think if we are .500 in the conference and competitive with some of the upper-echelon teams he'll get to keep his job.

I think we will be pretty good this year, so I think he'll be around next year.

I hope so, for his sake. By the way, Hell of a show by the Hoos tonight. The way Northwestern likes to slow things down, to score 94 points...wow.

Man, this thread has been hijacked (partly by myself).

Getting back to the nature of this thread, after the #!&*#@! game against Seton Hall, they went ahead and put an absolute beating on Northwestern tonight. The Hoos won 94-52.

For SS, he knew he didn't have to score a ton to win, so he turned into a dime dropper.

14 points, 10 assists, 2 rebounds, and perhaps more importantly, only 2 turnovers.

At least 4 of the 10 assists were of the jaw-dropping variety.

Next up is a huuuuuge game. Syracuse comes to the JPJ next Wednesday. If we get a win in that game, our tourney resume will look incredibly solid with wins at Arizona, against Drexel and Syracuse, plus a chance to get another big OOC road win against a really good Xavier team in a few weeks.

I hope so, for his sake. By the way, Hell of a show by the Hoos tonight. The way Northwestern likes to slow things down, to score 94 points...wow.

We were just lights out for three. This is the first game I've really got to sit down and dissect like I usually like to. (The Arizona game I watched at a party and it was more of a drinking activity than a breaking down of the defense). Really impressed by the squad we have. Mikalauskas played really well, and Diane and Baker were great.

Singletary had 10 assists and only 2 turnovers, and some of his passes were unreal.

Great night for us, getting ready for Syracuse next week. But also rooting for the rest of the ACC tonight and tomorrow.

ACC! ACC! ACC!

Singletary had 10 assists and only 2 turnovers, and some of his passes were unreal.

Congrats, but Singletary has to do that more consistently if he's going to convince folks he can play in the NBA. It was his first game with less than 5 turnovers. :eek:

Congrats, but Singletary has to do that more consistently if he's going to convince folks he can play in the NBA. It was his first game with less than 5 turnovers. :eek:

I'm telling you man, watch the games. A good amount of those turnovers aren;t his fault, and he loses at least 2 assists per game because of missed lay-ups or dropped passes.

I don't know -- they just lost by 47 to George Mason, scoring a whopping 38 points.

That was, to me, the most surprising score so far this season. I mean, Mason is the best team in the CAA, but 38 points?????!!!??? That's ridiculous. I'm still not giving up on Drexel, but man, you may be looking more right than me. What a horrid performance to open up your conference season.

That was, to me, the most surprising score so far this season. I mean, Mason is the best team in the CAA, but 38 points?????!!!??? That's ridiculous. I'm still not giving up on Drexel, but man, you may be looking more right than me. What a horrid performance to open up your conference season.

I told you they weren't that good. ;) If they can't score on Penn, they shouldn't be able to score on anybody.

I'm telling you man, watch the games. A good amount of those turnovers aren;t his fault, and he loses at least 2 assists per game because of missed lay-ups or dropped passes.

You're trying to have it both ways - saying how good they are when they win, and then basically saying his teammates can't even catch the ball and can't shoot it. It's one or the other. Either his teammates absoloutely stink on offense, or he needs a lot of improvement.

You're trying to have it both ways - saying how good they are when they win, and then basically saying his teammates can't even catch the ball and can't shoot it. It's one or the other. Either his teammates absoloutely stink on offense, or he needs a lot of improvement.

That's just not true. This team is a great 3 point shooting team, but it doesn't have any big guys who can catch and finish down low. It was the same thing last year. SS loses at least 2 assists per game when he makes a great find down low and someone underneath either botches the pass or misses a open lay-up.

I'm not saying Sean doesn't need to work on control of the ball, because he does. But to just look at his raw turnover numbers is silly, because a good amount just simply aren't his fault.

And either way, I'd say it's a stretch to say anyone needs "ALOT" of improvement when at the end of this year they will be First Team All-ACC 3 years in a row.

That's just not true. This team is a great 3 point shooting team, but it doesn't have any big guys who can catch and finish down low. It was the same thing last year. SS loses at least 2 assists per game when he makes a great find down low and someone underneath either botches the pass or misses a open lay-up.

I'm not saying Sean doesn't need to work on control of the ball, because he does. But to just look at his raw turnover numbers is silly, because a good amount just simply aren't his fault.

And either way, I'd say it's a stretch to say anyone needs "ALOT" of improvement when at the end of this year they will be First Team All-ACC 3 years in a row.

Then pass to the guys who can shoot; not the guys who can't even hang on to the ball! I've been talking about for him to be considered an NBA prospect - I know he's a very good college player. And I was being nice, because his shooting percentage still stinks. I hope he makes it, but your comments aren't making me feel more confident that he will.

Ouch. Tough loss.

Obviously with something wrong with Sean all night, this would have been great to pull out, but we just don't function well without him on the floor.

Syraucse looked pretty good, but I have no doubt we beat them if Singletary is anywhere close to 100 percent. He missed 5 free throws tonight. Obviously was tired the whole game, just didn't look well at all.

Joseph was fantastic for us, but we just aren't gonna win big games without Sean playing a big role.

Gotta go on the road and get another nice OOC win at Xavier to pair with our 'Zona win.

Archived