A few things

bigbird

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But 29 specifically is not old even in baseball terms. You can have him in your organization for 7 quality contributing seasons. You can build with a 29 year old.

29 isn't old but it is getting close to the age where you start to see some kind of decline.

The idea is to get young players who either are ML ready or in the majors and are in that 0-3 category(in terms of service time).

Years? Try 3. Hardly a track record of longevity. Anyway, the way he throws across his body he will hurt himself. I watched him pitch alot this year in Bowie. Not a popular opinion but I really do sense he is due for an arm malfunction he may not recover from.

Not even in fantasy land are we getting Bay for Reimold/Cabrera. Any contending team could easily beat that offer.

Yeah, lets keep giving up youngsters with upside and keep acquiring 29 and 32 yr olds and so we can go for 20 straight losing seasons. After all, this strategy has worked so well for the last 10 years. :rolleyes:

It is time to pick a clear direction and build a team for the future that will contend for championships, not a team built on stopgaps and bandaids built to stay out of last place.

But what if you can get him for that package???

I wouldn't classify Bay as an "old vet"

I wouldn't classify him as young.

I like Bay. I have nothing against him.

It is just that I prefer that we finally pick a clear direction and stick with it. And the direction I prefer to go is a complete rebuild.

I want the next Jason Bay (ie 22 yr old) not the 29 yr old one. I don't want to give up the prospects required to get him. I would rather add as many prospects as I can.

So you want us to trade away prospects for old vets, then flip them at the deadline for prospects. :confused:

That is a terrible strategy for this team at this time.

The Orioles should be dealing veterans for prospects NOW, not the other way around.

Bay is 29 not 34. So I don't know where you get Old vet. Bay value is low and he needs to be traded. Cabrera/Reimold/Mid Level could probably net him. We have tons of young and up coming pitchers where we could lose Cabrera and be ok with it.

We then trade Tejada for the Pie/Cedeno package or Wood/Santana package. We are still rebuilding and putting a team that is much better than last season.

I wouldn't classify him as young.

I like Bay. I have nothing against him.

It is just that I prefer that we finally pick a clear direction and stick with it. And the direction I prefer to go is a complete rebuild.

I want the next Jason Bay (ie 22 yr old) not the 29 yr old one. I don't want to give up the prospects required to get him. I would rather add as many prospects as I can.

Who is trading a 22 year old Jason Bay?

Do you think we might actually wait and see what trades--IF ANY--occur before we start criticizing them?

But that's no fun!! It is much more fun to start ripping the FO for hypothetical transactions than to sit around and wait for legitimate moves! What's the alternative? Watch the Ravens?!!

Archived